News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Border Guard Badges

There hasn't been much focused discussion of these (to me at least) very confusing badges.

Could we start some? Please??

Just to start it off, here is what my notes have on types and such details. I am sure these need MUCH help.

:beer:

Type 1 (E01, numbered) - Low = 203/High = 945 - 1940s?

Type 2 (E02) - Low = ??/High = 1054 - 1950s?

Type 3 (E03) - 1960s?

Type 4 (heavy construction, reliev reverse, Soviet-made?)

Type 5 (E04) - 1970s?

Type 6 (E05) - 1980s?

Type 7.1 (E06, unnumbered) - 1990s?

Type 7.2 (E06, numbered) - Low = B-5/High = B-1266 - 1990s?

Edited by Ed_Haynes

• Replies 92
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed,

These Border Guards awards is one of those subjects that I guess I really like, among other Mongolian awards, so for a while I tried to get as many different ones as I could find. Only a few missing on this category from those listed on Dr. Battushig's book. As I believe other members have some of those I'm missing (such as E 02 and/or E 03) I guess we could have almost a complete data base here. Not mentioning the NIBs, for which I also have a couple of pieces.

Starting with my E 01, S/N 927.

Dolf

Not sure if this is a E 05! Unlike the pic on Dr. Battushig's book, this one has a more "golden" color than a "silver" one on those four "arms"!

No S/N on this one, but just a kind of mint mark I guess.

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Another one. No S/N or mint mark. And a pinback "variation", opposed to the screwbacks posted above!

No idea if it could be a E 06. Again, unlike the pic of the E 06 on Dr. Battushig's book, this one has a "golden" look, not a "silver" one!

Dolf

Close up of the cover.

Unfortunately my old scanner really don't like gold or silver colors!!! :banger:

Actually the letters in the real Doc are perfectly visible and very golden color! :blush:

The real color of the cover is a kind of dark brown.

Dolf

Nice things, Dolf! You have launched this very nicely!!

:beer:

Thanks Ed.

In fact re-reading your initial Post I was wondering if you wanted a thread containing only the first few Border Badges, kind of from E 01 to E 06, or if it's ok to post every (available) Border Badge on the E section of Dr. Battushig's book!

Please let me know. I have a few more and if it's ok I can post them later. (Dinner time now :beer: )

Dolf :cheers: