News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Border Guard Badges

• Replies 92
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit that I am immensely confused by the border guard badges (E01-E06). I shall devote much of this afternoon squinting at mine to try to make coherent sense of them, to try to find the characteristics that separate one type from another, and shall, finally, make an effort at a newly revised post-Battushig typology. Frankly, this is pretty arcane stuff for my puny brain. I need all the help I can get. HELP?????

• 2 months later...

I'm doing a thorough review of my collection and came across a border guard group I had.

I thought I had posted it in the past already but can't find the thread so here we go again.

It may be helpful as it allows to date this border guard badge.

- E06 - the best border guard... not numbered but document dated 15-5-1990

- The soviet border badge... not numbered / undated (also on doc)

- A51 - medal 40 years victory of khalkhin gol dated on 29-8-1980

- A54 - 60 years armed forces... also unnumbered but doc dated on 14-7-1981

Hypothesis thus that either my friend transfered to border guards or was in their for a while and these border guard badges were not just distributed "freely" but required either tenure or special achievement.

Note, on the E06 the screw clearly indicated made in moscow. The screw is identical to the screw on the soviet border badge (Pobeda - Moscow) except that it is more brass like rather than nickel.

Edited by Bob

• 2 weeks later...
    • 11 months later...