News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is this a fake KHALKIN GOL 1939?

Lingqi

hi, guys! look at this strange KHALKIN GOL medal, is it a fake or a new variation?

see the letter "I", it is not the " i ", and other details like the horse head was made crudely.

Edited by Lingqi

Guest Rick Research

Well, I haven't seen ANY fake Khalkin Gols before this one, so thanks for sharing it! :beer: The enamel is not thick enough to make the obverse smooth, and the area in the flag circled should be "sky" on a mirror-reverse type:

[attachmentid=50168]

It would also take real abuse to make the brightly silvered finish on one of these end up as the dull typical fakes bronze color.

This medal was offered to me for about USD$70 by a chinese dealer, I thought it is so cheap, but on the second thought, just in case, I ask dealer to send these detailed scans and realize it might be a fake becuae I never have seen any KhG fake before. We all need to be careful from now on.

BTW, Vatjan, you metioned the other two types of KhG fake, do you have any scans of them? If not, would you just describe the differences? Thanks in advance!

Here are the scans of the two other fakes I've seen. Sorry for the bad pix, I'll try to post better ones later.

The shiny gold one is a "Capral" copy, the other one was one of the first Mongolian items I bought about 5 years ago. The funny thing is that later, at a fair, I saw 2 good ones and I was convinced they were fakes because, I had a GOOD one :cheeky:

Jan