News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Druzhinnik Michail Igorevich Lavrentiev

Gentlemen,

the voluntary Militia Auxiliary Units called "Peoples' Voluntary Druzhin" or "DND" had been established in 1959 in the Soviet Union.

The members of these units wore no uniform, but civilian clothes with that special badge and had a special ID-booklet. Their task was specifically to help tackle rising hooliganism and alcoholism at national celebrations, soccer matches, pop concerts, etc.

The example shows an ID-booklet from the late 1960s issued to Michail Igorevich Lavrentiev and the Druzhinnik-badge in the old form. Badges are rather common at the market, but Druzhinnik-ID-booklets rather rare.

Best regards

Christian Zulus

[attachmentid=58606]

Dear Ed,

many thanks for your commentary.

I have also heard, that the role of the Druzhinnika had been also to help tackle political and/or social uproar as auxiliary units for Militia and other forces.

Do you have any evidence for that aspect?

Best regards

Christian

A nice one, Christian. Thanks!

I was showing a Russian friend of mine some of the badges that I recently bought and when she saw the different Druizhinik badges I had she just snorted and commented "interfering busybodies !". She still has not confessed exactly what type of hooliganism or anti-social behaviour she was involved in all those years ago !

Dear Wild Card,

the expression on the face of comrade Michail I. Lavrentiev at his ID-booklet fascinated me - this unique mixture of dedication & brutality ;) .

ID-booklet & badge was not cheap - I had to transfer about USD 50,- to my favorite dealer in Vienna, but Michail's expression is something special :P and Druzhinniks had a very special function in the social system of the Soviet Union!

Best regards from Vienna

Christian

Christian,

Very,very interesting. Michail looks like a good candidate for the job. :mad:

Thanks for sharing. :beer:

Regards,

Wild Card

Dear Paul,

to interfere was the job of the druzhinniks ;) .

I think, that your Russian friend was just a normal human being :love: .

Best regards

Christian

I was showing a Russian friend of mine some of the badges that I recently bought and when she saw the different Druizhinik badges I had she just snorted and commented "interfering busybodies !". She still has not confessed exactly what type of hooliganism or anti-social behaviour she was involved in all those years ago !

Dear Paul,

many thanks for your more modern example :beer:

The right side of the booklet seems to me not filled out :unsure: .

And again, we meet a very "nice" guy :cheeky: .

Best regards

Christian Zulus

P.S.: Michail Lavrentiev's Druzhinnik-Badge is of the very first type with enameled surface - not painted, as in the later versions.