News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Valentin Nikolaiovich Kubasov

And translation of the recommendation:

"Senior Warrant Officer V. N. Kubasov has been with the Limited Soviet Contingent in Afghanistan since 30 June 1986. During his course of duty with the 221th ___ as the satellite station technician he proved to be a politically knowledgeable, industrious, hard working, and educated warrant officer. He is an example of unexceptionable service and fulfillment of international obligation. To perform his duties he combines a high exactingness towards his subordinates and the care for their needs and requirements. Pays much attention to maintaining readiness of his combat duty post, maintaining the readiness of the weapons and equipment. Possesses technical knowledge. Able to find a quick way out under unconventional circumstances and to make reasonable and justified decisions. Thus, on _2 November 1987, when as the vehicle officer in charge he was driving to Hairaton to receive the load, the vehicle was assaulted by the insurgents but courageous and decisive Senior Warrant Officer V. N. Kurbasov, risking his life, fired back with his personal weapon and was able to pull the vehicle out of the firing. During his tour of duty in the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan he has already performed 22 sorties on the Kabul?Hairaton route."

More research looms, but :love::beer:

Wow, combat award for this conflict.... I don't think we've seen too many of these yet.

What was "combat" seems to have been a funny thing in Afghanistan:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11063

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11060

And, when we know more that we do presently:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10376

All my "guests" :beer::love::beer::love:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: GREAT one, Ed!

Some years back I came across a seller with a cardboard box full of never issued Red Stars and (DOH :speechless: ) did not note what those serial numbers were.

"Final" awards like this have got to be a gamble--

and you've hit the jackpot here! :beer:

:Cat-Scratch: GREAT one, Ed!

Some years back I came across a seller with a cardboard box full of never issued Red Stars and (DOH :speechless: ) did not note what those serial numbers were.

"Final" awards like this have got to be a gamble--

and you've hit the jackpot here! :beer:

RickL

I've had about a 50% research ratio with my late Red Stars thus far. Of the ones that have info that does come back, there have been a few really great pieces (like this one) but unfortunately the majority has been.... :sleep:

Guess it's all the gamble though! :beer:

Dave