News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

probably to thin? : white falconry

Hello,

I did follow the good advice from RIcky and grabbed my chance when this one popped up. At first nothing shaking did happen and then suddenly a message from the seller => it is still available, is your offer still standing? offcoarse it was !! :speechless:

Then here is the odd fellow:

* EK 2

* White falcon - knight second class with X

* Austrian WWI remembrance medal

* Hindenburg cross

* Red cross award - wich one ?, grade? :rolleyes:

Indeed a strange mounting, what can we learn from this one? a few questions that do cross my mind:

- The combo is probably too thin to ever reach a ID?

- why are there no long service awards?

- why is the Austrian medal before the Hindenburg?

- who where the recipients of the red cross one?

- could he have deceased between 1934 and the period where long service awards (Thir reich ones) where given?

All info and hints are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

In the Ranglisten from 1925, there are 3 doctors with SF3bX :

- Stabsveterin?r Dr Holltein, with EK2, SF3bX

- Stab?rzt Dr Krause : EK2, EK1, SF3bX

- Stab?rzt Dr Wiese : EK2, EK1, SF3bX, wound badge in black.

May be this info may will help you. This officer continue his career in the army and then he received the red cross award.

As soon as the rolls will be published, you have to read and note all the doctors who received this medals and compare with all the rolls made by Erhard Roth. The clue is with the SF3bx and Red cross medal.

Regards

Christophe

Hello,

Thank you for the hints and info. Wich of the shown awards on this bar would show up on the rank lists?

I have been searching a bit and the last one, the DRK-Ehrenzeichen 3th model was apparently only awarded between 1937-1939.

The shown cross is the 2 nd. class. Would this one appear for example in a Rangliste?

Cordial greetings + interested to hear all opinions, etc ...

Hello,

Thank you for the hints and info. Wich of the shown awards on this bar would show up on the rank lists?

I have been searching a bit and the last one, the DRK-Ehrenzeichen 3th model was apparently only awarded between 1937-1939.

The shown cross is the 2 nd. class. Would this one appear for example in a Rangliste?

Cordial greetings + interested to hear all opinions, etc ...

Stijn,

Would love to see this group irl... will you be bringing it with you the 24th?

Cheers,

Erik

Hi Erik,

Looking forward towards the chat and the beer afterwards :cheers:

Mayby Bernd will join us and he could mayby also bring a white falcon bar with him (iff he has one :rolleyes: = hint, hint? )

Ah yes, i have written it down that in het Paleis "Loo" there whould also be a white falcon, higher grade (a Star) => should be made by Wolfers / Brussels/ Any chance of getting me pictures of that one => both front and reverse? I am intereste din that one to see this Wolfers product as it does come near the Black eagle from King Leop II i have written about.

Any other imperial friends who wants to comment on the present 5 row medal bar?

Cordial greetings,

Ah yes, i have written it down that in het Paleis "Loo" there whould also be a white falcon, higher grade (a Star) => should be made by Wolfers / Brussels/ Any chance of getting me pictures of that one => both front and reverse? I am intereste din that one to see this Wolfers product as it does come near the Black eagle from King Leop II i have written about.

Will see what I can do. I have to go there to make pictures for my book on de Red Cross Medal anyways, so maybe George Sanders let me take some pictures of other medals to :cheers:

Hi Stogie,

Thank you for the comment :cheers:

Anyone idea's how it does come that the Austrian remembrance medal has conserved so well? where such pieces sometimes privatly gilded etc ... ? the eagle is frosted and the background is absolutely shinning like a mirror.

Cordial greetings + thanks for looking,

Edited by Stijn David