News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Classic Fake RK with Swords

• 1 month later...

A couple more

The one with OLS is a three piece construction, the OLS are HAND ENGRAVED :speechless: on the reverse with I think L/16 or something like that, the other one is a one piece, but die stamped not cast, looks quite good also, to those who are not familiar with RK's being three piece could in a few years of patination be dangerous.

BTW the ribbon for the one with OLS is actually to the one piece I posted before this.

regards

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, repro RK's are ten a penny, the solid die stamped piece I posted, which with a bit of natural ageing will look quite acceptible (heaven forbid!!) but will not fool the serious researcher, and costs anything from about $20 upwards mine cost about $60 and looks Ok purely as a display item. I have to add that copies if thats what they are meant to be, are not a problem, it's the people who make copies that are trying to fool people into thinking that they are original pieces that make this area medal collecting a minefield.

this site makes repros of various quality, but looking at the RK's shown they are clearly not original.

http://www.thirdreich.ca/museumcopies.php

BTW they are not in my and other posters on this forum made from original dies

regards

Alex

Edited by Alex K

Wow!! Those prices are a bit steep, for a repro.

Thank you for the link!! It in itself is a good reference! The Iron Crosses are very scary looking! They cost almost as much as the originals!

PAul