News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thought we'd try a thread on the 1st pattern DJV badge. If memory serves me correctly these badges were only in use for about one year before being replaced with the version without the "V".

If you have one of these rare beasts please post it & see what makers & different dot patterns/Sig runes we have. Please only post badges with the "V" at the bottom.

I'll start off with an simple Ges.Gesch marked one, lost virtually all of it's silvering.

Cheers

Don

Now for a Steinhaur & L?ck marked piece. This one is made of Nickel Silver so retains the silver look to it. This is identical to the version shown in Cone's book.

Cheers

Don

Gents And here is mine. I acquired this at a show last weekend w/o benefit of any reference material in hand. That is a major drawback to buying on-line where you have all of your resources right in front of you. I had to rely on memory. How did I do? Have a good Sunday gents. Robert

Edited by BURGERHAUS

I just noticed on Don's first example the wings of the V are the same width and in his second and mine the left wing of the V is marginally wider than the right wing. Can anybody find any other diferences? Lets see some more examples of this rare badge.

There are indeed marked differences between all three badges Robert, the Sig rune, the pebbling as well as the "V". I'd say we have three originals from 3 different makers so far.

Sweet badge, thanks for showing it.

Cheers

Don

• 1 month later...

Do not apologise Xen, the quality is fine. Yet another variation, I wonder just how many there were given the short period that this badge was used....

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers

Don

Cheers Don. It's very frustrating when I have to take 10 pictures of something just to get one half-decent one at the end. I could just buy a decent camera but that would tie up valuable resources which could be spent on something much better :)

• 10 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...