News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello everyone, i have 3 RK's KVK posted on www.gernamcombatawards.com. would you please help me to identify them.

here is a link to the thread:

<a href="http://germancombatawards.com/thread.php?postid=44966#post44966" target="_blank">http://germancombatawards.com/thread.php?p...44966#post44966</a>

Thanks all in advance, the opinion of Gordon Wiliamson will be greatly apreciated.

Edited by MasterBo

• Replies 64
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RK with Swords is not a Deschler, nor is it trying to be, so comparing with Deschler characteristics is a pointless excercise. A bit like saying "this apple is different to this orange, so this apple must be wrong". Mind you some people only ever seem to have seen Deschler crosses and have no other experience to draw on. I have seen one other example of this type where the Sword handles don't touch the opposing arms, several years ago and I think, in an auction catalogue and haven't examined one "in the flesh" so can't really offer much comment. The quality is very nice though.

As for the RK without Swords, the small nick on the Swastika, as you have correctly focussed on, is a good indicator of a genuine piece.

Attached are images ( unfortunately photographiuc enlargements don't have quite the sharpness of a scan, but the same feature is clearly visible.) of Deschler RK without Swords in Silver, and a rare example in Gold liberated from Schloss Klessheim where you can clearly see the same feature. Both of your RK without Swords are perfectly good originals.

I understand your point but as we don 't know who made this type we don't know whether this is normal. You can find other awards where the two "9"s are not exactly identical, just as with Imperial awards you can find them where the two "1" numerals (eg in "1914" are not identical.

I see...but isn?t odd that it could be so? It differs a lot and I always got this feeling that 3rd reich medals holds high quality and accuracy. Perhaps it?s the picture but the cross don?t look so detailed...comparing to all others. Just some thoughts.

/peter

I always got this feeling that 3rd reich medals holds high quality and accuracy.

/peter

Usually, but not always the case. Like I say, I haven't examined one of these "in the flesh" so I'm not in a position to make any judgement, but I like to keep an open mind, unlike certain others with an agenda on the thread you posted a link to who can be guaranteed to resort to insults and snide remarks - oops I see he already has.

Thank you very much for welcoming me to the site, as well thanks all for fast and efficient replies, especially Gordon Wiliamson for his valuable expertise. I will certainly show you all my interesting artefacts.

Paul.

I am very proud of having these two crosses in my collection, solid silver KVK1, cased and buntmetall KVK1 with swords, wallted.

The story about this cross is: it belonged to a nurse and the pin was replaced for a loop, to be worn around the neck.

Edited by MasterBo

Thank you very much for welcoming me to the site, as well thanks all for fast and efficient replies, especially Gordon Wiliamson for his valuable expertise. I will certainly show you all my interesting artefacts.

Paul.

I am very proud of having these two crosses in my collection, solid silver KVK1, cased and buntmetall KVK1 with swords, wallted.

The story about this cross is: it belonged to a nurse and the pin was replaced for a loop, to be worn around the neck.

Wonderful piece Paul ! Haven't seen that type of conversion before and very well done. Especially nice to know the history behind it !

Usually, but not always the case. Like I say, I haven't examined one of these "in the flesh" so I'm not in a position to make any judgement, but I like to keep an open mind, unlike certain others with an agenda on the thread you posted a link to who can be guaranteed to resort to insults and snide remarks - oops I see he already has.

I get your point!

One big reason should be the that so few are awarded...not so many to exam...

/peter :beer:

• 2 months later...