News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Lenin, type 5, var. 1

With document (#135011) to Evdokiia Nikifornova Kalinina (female), 1 November 1944. The order booklet contains photo of the recipient and her signature ("none too fluid") and significantly shows only one decoration ? thus making it -- apparently -- a ?complete group?. An extraordinary award for a woman during WW2, and well before Orders of Lenin started to be awarded simply for length of military service. Both the order and the document are in excellent condition. Document is the 1943 printing, variation 2.

As yet, no research joy on this one, too late for easy location.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Hi Ed:

Great Order of Lenin! She reminds me of my 3th grade teacher who scared the daylights out of me. I know what you mean about research - I have a Lenin with the orders book from 1974 and would love to know for what it was awarded. Maybe some day...

Cheers,

Eric

Guest Rick Research

It's actually even earlier, Ed-- the Book itself was made out on "15 February 1944" so that privileges line "1-||-44" = "1 February" and not 1 November.

WELL before long service and so yes indeed, a BIG big deal indeed. January of 1944 would see to let out any agricultural accomplishment, so war effort in some other extremely significant way...

I suspect this will turn out to be a prize indeed when tracked down!