News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Oversize '14 EK1

this one measures between 44-45mm. solid brass or tombac planchet with a silver wash. at some point a lacquer coating was applied to the obverse in order to protect the rather flaky paint on the stippled core. which is fine by me-- can't smell anything, so it wasn't done recently.

Edited by Eric Stahlhut

I have the same thoughts-on this EK would fit one of these huge round washers! The crossplate,especially with a silver content mark I would expect to find at a Meybauer.here's mine for comparison.

Micha

Edited by Motorhead

• 7 years later...
    • 2 months later...

True.

The 500-marked cross-shaped backplate is from a Meybauer EK1. It's a bit odd since the Meybauer is a much more desirable and valuable cross, but who knows why someone would swap the parts around some time within the last 100 years...

oh absolutely, trevor. we will never know the particulars, and it could have had an rather interesting life with it's original owner. sometimes i prefer these examples over a pristine 'old stock' example that has languished unsold in a shop's back room.