News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

interesting medal bar portrait

Wooooowwwww, the picture of the pictures, a ?lbergkreuz and the badged of the Kaiser Wilhelm Society in a Medalbar !!! Do you know who that is, he is so young, and when the photograph was?

Thank you + Greetings Mike

Hello,

That is a wonderfull portrait !!!! The last order on the medal bar is the belgian Crown order (officer grade)

Rudolf Herzog was awarded this order on 01/12/1911

Thanks for showing that one :cheers:

Cordial greetings,

ps: i am working on a publication of the Belgian Crown order awraded towards German's. Would it be allowed to use this picture for future reference and publication?

Wooooowwwww, the picture of the pictures, a ?lbergkreuz and the badged of the Kaiser Wilhelm Society in a Medalbar !!! Do you know who that is, he is so young, and when the photograph was?

Thank you + Greetings Mike

Rudolph Herzog,

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Hello,

That is a wonderfull portrait !!!! The last order on the medal bar is the belgian Crown order (officer grade)

Rudolf Herzog was awarded this order on 01/12/1911

Thanks for showing that one :cheers:

Cordial greetings,

ps: i am working on a publication of the Belgian Crown order awraded towards German's. Would it be allowed to use this picture for future reference and publication?

The picture is from the German National Archives - it's public domain

wasn't Hertzog's a chocolate and candy company?

Kaufhaus Rudolph Herzog, Berlin (a large Department Store).

Hertzog owned the first car in Berlin (1901)

Am 8. Juni 1901 kaufte sich der Berliner ?Warenhausk?nig? Rudolph Hertzog das erste Automobil der Stadt, ein Cabriolet der Marke ?Horch? mit schwarzem Lederverdeck. Er lie? es beim Polizeipr?sidenten unter der Nummer ?IA-1? registrieren. Hieraus entstand die allgemeine Kennzeichnung der Berliner Kraftfahrzeuge mit ?IA?, die in Ostberlin sogar bis 1990 G?ltigkeit besa?. Kaiser Wilhelm II. wollte seinen sp?ter erworbenen ?Daimler? nicht mit der Nummer 2 fahren, sondern bat den Polizeipr?sidenten um Erteilung der an Hertzog bereits vergebenen Kennzeichnung IA-1. Hertzog lehnte eine andere Kennzeichnung ab. Hierauf klagte der Polizeipr?sident im Namen des Kaisers, doch dieser unterlag vor dem Gericht. Die ?1? geh?rte Hertzog, nicht dem Kaiser, der, weil er nicht als ?Zweiter? gelten wollte, k?nftig in seinem Daimler mit Genehmigung der Polizei ohne Nummer fuhr. Der angeblich so obrigkeitliche Staat konnte nicht einmal eine vom Kaiser gew?nschte Autokennzeichnung durchsetzen. Das Recht hatte Vorrang.? (Ehrhardt B?decker, Preu?en und die Wurzeln des Erfolgs, 2004, S. 161-162).

Edited by Naxos

What uniform is he wearing? Some sort of Hunting Association... or is this the Volunteer Motor Corps, or...?

I'm no expert, but every picture I've seen of someone dressed up in the German Auto Club uniform they were wearing a regular visor cap and they had the imperial crown on the collar.

Edited by Mike Dwyer

..........this is a very very interesting and unique medal bar.... if they had some kind of big store I could explain the DSWA-medal in some kind of support for the colonial campaign - but then a red cross medal? to a merchant??? and for what did he get the belgian crown order? Very interesting picture with a lot of questions and a lot of history behind it !!!

:beer: great find!!!

Red cross medals were bestowed upon significant donors before the war.

The campaign medal is interesting indeed.

Apparently Rudolph the younger was a technocrat. The store sponsored several aircraft (expensive in those days) in the colonies.

Guest Rick Research

I haven't been able to find ANYTHING on Hertzog.

Zero.

:(

Sascha had posted a list of ?lbergkreuz recipients when this came up some time ago and there is "Gro?kaufmann Hertzog" "in der Heimat" 9 April 1910.