News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid not Robert, although I do have somewhere pix of the standard blue enamel version, & the rectangle gold bordered ones in wear. I'll dig them out & post them later.

Cheers

Don

Edited by scowen

Sorry Dan, it's the Deutsche Stenografenschaft Leistungsabzeichen in Bronze, it also came in silver & gold, but I don't know exactly what it was awarded for.

When you say the "brooch like version with date", do you mean the "Deutscher Meister" version like below? If so do you have one as I've never seen one of these only in drawings. If you do have one, don't post it here, start a new thread & we'll put the Steno stuff together.

Cheers

Don

Edited by scowen

Don,

thanks for the naming!Sorry for my confusing reply,but you got me perfectly. However,I am afraid to state that I don?t have anything from the Stenographen Bund.Whenever I encountered stuff that looked like from them it was either too pricey IMO or I was uncertain about the authenticity. Although I start getting the picture it is pretty scarce stuff and I should have paid the price back then.

Edited by Rosenberg

As you can see I've started a fresh thread on the Steno' organisation. The above posts were taken from the Stickpin thread & I've edited them slightly to "fit" them here. Please post any Steno related items you have.

I'll start off with a members book & pin set I have. The cover has bleached out for some reason in the picture I'm afraid, but is actually a deep blue colour.

Cheers

Don

post-116-1146313721.jpg

[attachmentid=37077][attachmentid=37078]

Don, A nice and not often seen membership book you have there. I have seen only one other example like that. It wasn't in very good condition either. Tell me, are there dues stamps inside and if so what years are included? No need to scan and post I am just curious. Thanks for showing the book and badge. Here is my standard Stenografenschaft Badge. Here we go. Robert :cool:

post-730-1146357887.jpg

post-730-1146357913.jpg

Stephen,

I've often wondered about this picture, is he the winner of the lottery, or perhaps did he sell more tickets that any others in his area & receive a ticket or award/voucher? He must have been proud in any case to have his portrait taken, as it's a private photo not a press image. The wording on his folder says Dein Opfer, google comes up with your victim which I guess is not the case here

Here's the ticket, best I can do.

[attachmentid=37151]

Here's the cap badge, matches the wording on the ticket. I'd love one of these badges.....

[attachmentid=37152]

Robert,

There are some stamps but only for 1936. Nice pin, I won't post mine as it's the same, but I'm curious as to whether there are any maker marked ones out there, I've only seen Ges. Gesch.

Cheers

Don

post-116-1146388005.jpg

post-116-1146388155.jpg

I have had this for a number of years now and have always distrusted it because of the condition and that the guy in the photo looks older than 18 to me. Despite the first pic the cover is a very dark blue and the lettering is gold. Everything is inert under UV. The push-through paperclips, although a little rusty, look modern to me.

Are they faking these things?

I would be interested in any opinions guys.

Cheers,

David.

post-502-1146479713.jpg

I don't think it's fake. At the worst it could be played with, as in the picture added later etc. I see rust marks on the last page where the dome of the clips touch the paper. Is there corresponding rust on the clips? The same for the front part of the books some rust but does it match the clips?

Cheers

Don

Yes Don, the rust pattern on the pages and the clips is consistent. I suppose it is possible that as it appears to have only been valid over a 4 month period that it went into a draw for 65 years and popped back up in such fine shape.

How about that photo, anyone think that that could be an 18-year-old?

Thanks guys.

Cheers,

David.

• 3 weeks later...