News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Here is anotehr small grouping that made it into my collection, not the biggest bravery medal or real rare gongs to find here => however some nice eneamelwork as awarded during WW1 towards the lower officer ranks (Leutnant or Oberleutnant)

Cordial greetings + more to follow ;)

Hello,

And here we have a closer look at the comination ribbon (normal size) from both the EK 2 and the Saxon Albrechtsorden. Never had such one before => really nicely woven it seems. This was to be worn through the buttonhole.

Cordial greetings,

Hello,

And here we have the large medal bar => the ribbons are still quite clean, the EK however shows mutiple rust places and needs a cleaning for sure in order to prevent it to degenerate further.

Me liky that there is no Hindenburgcross present :beer:

Cordial greetings,

Hello,

And finally the Knightscross with swords from the Albrechtsorder (Sachsen), it is sewn directly onto a piece of ribbon. In fact this one has gathered some real dirt over the years. The swords (normally gilded) are looking like normally sivered and heavy patinated ones with corrossion.

Gently brushing with some cloth and a wooden toothpicker does get of very easely the dirt and underneath some of its old golden shine comes again to live. (i will not remove the patina, however the dirt must dissapear in order to prevent corrosion IMHO)

The underarm has a maker mark, the seller said it was a 9, i rather go for a G.

Cordial greetings,

I like this combination too!

the green is so vivid!

Cheers

Paul

Agreed! Congrats on finding this grouping! Were the two miniture ribbons printed that way(one piece)?

Paul

Hi Stijn, this was a nice group at auction and also nice that he kept (most) of it together. The "2 in 1" with the EK2/Albert Order is tough to find ribbon. Congrats on a very nice little group!

Hello,

As for the ribbon => it was woven this way, very nice indeed.

The nice thing about the ribbon and the saxons verus the Prussians makes it possible to use it in a mutiple way, namely :

A) Saxon order first (green left) and EK last (reight)

B) other way arround.

Multiple use (or am i totally wrong ? :speechless: ), knowing the saxons it would not suprise me to see the Saxon one inw ear first.

Cordial greetings,

Hello,

Here is anotehr small grouping that made it into my collection, not the biggest bravery medal or real rare gongs to find here => however some nice eneamelwork as awarded during WW1 towards the lower officer ranks (Leutnant or Oberleutnant)

Cordial greetings + more to follow ;)

Hallo 'Stijn David' :beer: Super little group, sometimes not everything BIG is beautiful :P

these combined ribbons are neat, anybody want to post some for comparison,?? if so I will start anew thread as soon as I can find & scan mine, I have only one, but I am willing to share :blush:

Kevin in Deva. :beer: