News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Potential purchase what do you guys think?

its seems good to me but not sure ? all medals seem correct ! no glow on ribbons or threads !

is it a correct 1870 or a swap out 1914 bar ? all ribbons seem to have same age !

he is asking $1100.00 is that to much or right in ball park????He is holding it for me till I think about it???

WHAT DO YOU THINK????? I sold off alot of bars and now want to built back collection but onlytrying to buy A1 items !! the dealer does not have many imperial medals mostly surplus military items and seems not to know what state or any thing just iron cross!

Guest Rick Research

Hook back medal bars with felt backings generally date from circa 1890s on.

This is almost certainly a 1930s bar for a WW1 veteran which has been retrofitted with 1870 awards.

Hook backs are ALWAYS a problem, since everything on them is detachable at any time by anybody.

because of the needle system I would not say that it is a 1930s bar.... looks like the massive systems from around 1900..........

............. but the ribbons look a bit too new for 1870 pieces, the backing looks like 1920 and again - the Mecklenburg cross doesn`t make me happy.... iron cross is too dark for good statements.

my personal opinion....I would be careful

Hook back medal bars with felt backings generally date from circa 1890s on.

This is almost certainly a 1930s bar for a WW1 veteran which has been retrofitted with 1870 awards.

Hook backs are ALWAYS a problem, since everything on them is detachable at any time by anybody.

hello

I had a feeling about that ! thought maybe a pre 1895 because of no kaiser medal of campain bars or 25 yr oakleaf on iron cross .But think it is still worth getting if i can get price down? other pieces seem good and seems like a nice bar!now i have some more info what do you think i should offer him for it ??? depending on if they are good pieces?

thanks scott

Scott, I have an almost identical bar, but with the Oakleaves and a clasp on the KDM, and it has a Prussian long service. Your bar looks okay to me, but the photos aren't the greatest. I think the price is fair if the pieces are genuine.