News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Potential purchase what do you guys think?

Not to be a pain but I like this bar!!! I am on fence with it! ek2 seems good to me 1870 meck ? I have had 1866 and 1914 ones it is more like 1866 i had ! color and weight ? the ribbons seem real but very clean for a 1870 group ! they do have signs of wear and tear though looking under red wool they don't look messed with !ls award I am not sure of??? seems ok in person ! all the medals seem ok in person to me! but the clean ribbons bothers me a bit!!!! could this have been done more in 1920s for a vet of 1870????? guy says he backs it up it is real! for whats that is worth!!!!! I don't think he has a clue what it even is! he told me he had some ww II medals and asked me to look and this was in with a box of nazi tinnies! SO what to do??????

Not to be a pain but I like this bar!!! I am on fence with it! ek2 seems good to me 1870 meck ? I have had 1866 and 1914 ones it is more like 1866 i had ! color and weight ? the ribbons seem real but very clean for a 1870 group ! they do have signs of wear and tear though looking under red wool they don't look messed with !ls award I am not sure of??? seems ok in person ! all the medals seem ok in person to me! but the clean ribbons bothers me a bit!!!! could this have been done more in 1920s for a vet of 1870????? guy says he backs it up it is real! for whats that is worth!!!!! I don't think he has a clue what it even is! he told me he had some ww II medals and asked me to look and this was in with a box of nazi tinnies! SO what to do??????

Hello scottplen,

I usually follow threads like this one on Imperial items to gain knowledge as I am not well versed in German items whatsoever.

I am speaking as someone who once he sets his sights on an item gets tunnel-vision and tends not to heed good advice.

Perhaps you are not like me but my advice to you would be to heed what these fellows are telling you, it could save you a lot of cash.

I once purchased a TR item that was "backed up" by the dealer and when these same members from the forum pointing out that it was a reproduction I took it back. Even though I have purchased a lot of medals from this dealer I had to almost get nasty with him before he would consider a refund. Actually I ended up with a credit which I used (on the spot) to purchase a WW I BWM to a Canadian, an area I am comfortable in. So in a sense he did not actually refund any cash.

I would be very very very careful in your decision based on what other members have said.

Good luck with you decision.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

Brian and the rest of the members thanks I do tend to get tunnel vison !

now it gets even worse !

just got another email from dealer !

he found other medals that came with bar !

Now ! this even confuses me more ! this seems like a right medal group for this bar also

so was this the original 1914 group But has meck- schwerin LS ?????

Guess i should stay away!!!! should I pick it up as a ww I group thats what he original stated to me on phone it was a 1914 group and when i showed up it had the 1870 medals!!! NOW he finds other medals!!!!!!

what do you think ???? :violent:

Hello Scott:

Here is some advice I will share (I know that no one asked for it!).

If you have to think about this bar this much, you should probably pass on it! Save your money for the bar that you see, and know in an instant is good (you will always be happy with that one!). There will be other bars that come along that will be for the right price and will be without a doubt in your mind 100% genuine. If you have doubts now, these worries will possibly grow after you own it. Also, at some point you will have to convince someone else that it is OK to get rid of it. The bottom line is, that no matter how many folks look at it and say it looks OK, YOU have to be happy with it. I have always fared well by avoiding items that cause me the slightest doubts regarding authenticity.

Now, that being said, I do not like the EKII, nor do I like the KVK. I think they both possibly look like higher-quality copies!

Best regards,

"SPM"

Actually, one always had to worry about a hook-back bar... even years ago. This one appears to have been a set-up from the word "go"; with your "local" dealer working very hard to take advantage of you for a very tidy sum, no doubt.