News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 97
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Next is a "Truppensonderdienst Offizier des Verwaltungdienst (TSD)", which translates to Special Service Officer, Administration Branch. I won't pretend to understand what this means and if someone wold care to explain it to me what they are I would appreciate it.

Edited by Laurence Strong

Prior to 21 May 1940 various secondary colors were used, along with gold devices for officers. Officer's with white metal devices (on other than grey Neberfarbe) indicates a reserve Official.

After 21 May 1940 all Officials used a grey secondary color ansd silver/white devices

Prior to 21 May 1940 various secondary colors were used, along with gold devices for officers. Officer's with white metal devices (on other than grey Neberfarbe) indicates a reserve Official.

After 21 May 1940 all Officials used a grey secondary color ansd silver/white devices

You have a very nice array of Heer insignia. It looks like you have a special focus on the administrative branch. I know between the various waffenfarbe and secondary waffenfarbe combinations out there, it could be quite a challenge to find them all!

Paul

Guest Rick Research

Laurence-- #s 32-33 aren't signals (light lemon yellow) what you have there is cavalry (same tawny orange-ish yellow as Luftwaffe flight).

#s34-5 look like J?ger to me (lime yellow) rather than the bright but dark green of PzGren.

#36 isn't army reconn-- with those shiny tops, those are Luftwaffe signals (same brown underlay)

Laurence-- #s 32-33 aren't signals (light lemon yellow) what you have there is cavalry (same tawny orange-ish yellow as Luftwaffe flight).

#s34-5 look like J?ger to me (lime yellow) rather than the bright but dark green of PzGren.

#36 isn't army reconn-- with those shiny tops, those are Luftwaffe signals (same brown underlay)

I was thinking the same about #36. LW Braid is "shinier" than that of the Heer. Also the brown is of a different tone with the Heer Recon.

I disagree with the PzGren. From everything I have ever seen, Jager is a darker green than PzGren.

Paul

Guest Rick Research

Most of mine went forever ago. An early war officers visor cap set:

[attachmentid=14405][attachmentid=14406]

My sister's godfather brought this back from North Africa-- the usual "continental" silver wire BeVo type, but bleached tan and sage in that Tunisian sun!

[attachmentid=14407]

[attachmentid=14408]

Guest Rick Research

This is my ONLY remaining Third Reich army board, :( a RIGHT shoulder single to Pour le Merite and German Cross in Silver winner Rudolf Schniewindt (1875-1954) as General der Infanterie "with the Uniform of Infantry (later Grenadier) Regiment 12." Like von Rundstedt etc, when this honor was granted, the general usually wore the uniform of a colonel (officer parade collar patches not general tabs) of that unit (hence the white Waffenfarbe rather than red) with his own rank and the unit numbers-- as here.

all bullion

[attachmentid=14409]

notice that it was tailor MADE this way-- no nasty pointy prongs sticking through!

[attachmentid=14410]

closeup of the incredibly complicated metal thread weave

[attachmentid=14411]

He held this title in retirement 1931-39 and on active duty again 1939-42.

I wish I could find a photo of him wearing THIS board, because I have oth the LEFT side board and photo of it in wear of his fellow PlM winning big brother Wilhelm Schniewindt:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=2...indpost&p=22262

Thanks Rick, Looks like I have some rearrainging to do. So is that a Jager SB then?

Paul I am not really collecting HV, it's just what came with the deal.

And Rick, if you ever want to sell that SB........

I am convinced the shoulder board you have is PanzerGren. I have sent you a PM.

Warm Regards

Paul