News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Cholm Lw. Glider Bordmechanic

Hello dear forumites,

Here is a picture i was sent in a copy from a glider friend. The shown person was his Bordmechanic between 1942 and 1943. Ogefr. E.L. did fly into CHolm and did very well it seems.

Once landed he was very actively involved in the Cholmbattle and he knocked out 2 sovjet Panzer's with T-Mines. For this action he earned his 2 tank distruction badges (as shown in the picture) and the EK 2.

He was later KIA by a allied bomberattack on the airfield of Pratica di Mare in 1943.

Cordial greetings

Hello,

Yes, this person must have had his portion of action and certainly he did got the courage to do some extreme things :cheers:

His awards where:

* EK 2

* Eastern front medal

* Cholmschield

* Lw. - Ground assault badge

* 2 tank destruction badges

When seing such pictures one does wonder what kind of hell these guys where involved in at some point.

Now i am trying to find family of him.

I do not know at this point the exatc time of his landing in Cholm, bu no worry's => that will come :cheers:

Cordial greetings,