News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

L/56 EKII for consideration...

Hello all,

Just in is this nice example of a hard-to-find 'L/56' Frunke & Brunninghaus EKII. It meaures 44.12 mm wide, 44.16mm tall. The ribbon ring, being small in dia., is 12.75mm outside dia., 1.68mm dia. wire. The frame is humped for the jump ring as Junckers, W&L's and others. The core and frame detailing matches it's EKI counterpart. Enjoy the photos...

Robert

• 3 months later...

Thanks for posting Rick,

I was beginning to wonder if anyone else had one for me to compare with. I might of known it would be you. :D It's good to see the exact maker mark on the ring as mine. I had heard from another member that he had only seen five other examples in his travels, and that my stamp was original. I'm glad, and glad you posted. Thank you, Rick.

Best regards,

Robert

Nice EK2s! Unfortunately I don't have a L/56 to add to the thread.

Rich

Me too..... :(

I have 7 LDO mm EK2, but no L/18, L55 or L/56.

So, if i see these L/56 i feel, that i need it very soon... ;):);)

Regards,

Oliver

Hi Robert,

yes, they are very hard to find.

I`m looking for a L55 or L/56 since 12 month... :speechless:

Someday i MUST find one of it !

At the moment i have:

1 x L/11 (next week i`ll recieve a second one with L/11 mm case)

2 x L/12

1 X L/13

1 x L/15

1 x L/54 (had two of it, but one is sold now)

1 x L/54 1914 from WW2

Regards,

Oliver

That's very nice collection Oliver!

I notice you have two L/12. Very special. I still need one, frame stamped. One thing I noticed about my L/56, like it's 1939 EKI counterpart, the outside points are very sharp, like pins. Something I have never seen on any other EK. I'll keep my eyes open for you. If I come across one I will contact you. :beer:

Best regards,

Robert

Thanks Robert !

Yes, the L/56, EK1 or EK2, have very sharp outside points like the Schinkel-EK2

They are very special and that is waht i like.... :)

Here is one of my L/12 EK2

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31990

I like them a lot and if i`m going to sell one of it i let you know !

They used 2 different little rings for the big ring. One is silvered and the other not.

The mm is under the frosting and (i don`t knwo the english word for it) "L?tzinn". Both don`t have the cross hatching, like the "Standart Juncker" and another frame and core design.

Best wishes,

Oliver

Yes, I remember that packeted set very well! Your e-mail hit Weitze about one minute before mine. My e-mails have to go by way of satellite, you know. I was hoping to get this set, Oliver. Those are some nice crosses, very nice. I have nearly (8) Juncker crosses, but all unmarked. A couple have the W&L cores, the rest Juncker. Some zinc, mostly iron cores. Thanks for sharing! And, I hope to hear from you some day, wanting to treat me to one.

Robert :cheers:

Hi Robert,

yes, i was very quick on this set by Weitze. The update was at 18.30 german time, 30 minutes earlier than normal. As i saw it i must buy it and was hoping to get it... :)

I`ve read your threat on WAF about your Juncker crosses. At the moment i have the 2 mm EK2, the unmarked with packed an one unmarked with non magnetic core. A few weeks ago i sold a Juncker with typicall Juncker frame and W&L core.

OK, Robert, i let you know when i will sell one of my marked Juncker or when i see one in an auction or on a dealers site. The last dealer who sold an L/12 mm, was Winkler. The cross came with an LDO case 2. pattern in vgc, but it was very expensive, ?750,00.

Regards,

Oliver

Hi Robert,

thanks for your info. I didn`t look at the frame details since the day i bought it... ;)

I have to do a better job, i think... :rolleyes:

What do you think, is my mm EK1 a early or later cross ?

Do you have a link to your crosses ? I can`t find them at the moment.....

Regards,

Oliver

Oliver,

It is my understanding that the cross-hatched frame evolved from 1914, and is then an early version. The coin silver frame and the hand-finished frosting also declares this. Juncker, after this hand-finished frosting, went to a chemical dipping (frosting) process. As said before, yours appears to be the reworked frame, a later war frame. As to when this change took place I personally do not know, but can find out for you. I look for the (3) die flaws on the cross-hatched frame. By reworking the dies Juncker was able to do away with these flaws, and start fresh again. I'll have to take some time resizing my photos for this forum, and post some photos here. Please be patient; my wife is going through surgery later on today, so it's going to be a very busy next few days.

My best,

Robert