News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good Morning.

I want to take a few moments and show off what I have in the way of shoulder boards. The reason for posting them here is that they are of various branches of the military/govt and Did not want to scatter them throughout the forum.

The first scan is of medical related boards. The Majors are all Heer. For some reason, the Staff/serpent insignia are not were never placed on these boards. The Oblt are Luftwaffe, another Luft Board is Lt. The Lt board with the duller braid is heer.

Paul - I used to have a small collection of TR shoulderboards, but sold them off. I currently collect East German insignia, to include shoulder boards. It is amazing how much shoulderboards remained the same in the East German Army. Here are a couple of examples. Kevin

Engineer field grade, Major to Colonel. Note that they used more pips than TR SBs to denote rank.

[attachmentid=14468]

The next pic:

Single Luftwaffe General Staff Oberst

Single Luftwaffe Pioneer/Reichsluftfahrtministerium Major

Single Salty and extremely well worn Infantry Major that used to be an Oberst. The regimental numbers were removed as well

Single Heer Arty Hauptman

Single Luftwaffe Flak Lt.

Single Heer Signals Lt

The next set has:

A set of Hauptman's Boards(if someone has two pips matching the ones on the other board, please let me know... I would like to restore this set to the way it used to be.)

A single Heer Pioneer Officer Candidate. I need an original set of two pips for this one as well. (larger sized)

A single Luftwaffe Flak EM board

A single Luftwaffe Sonderfuhrer Board

A single Heer Admin board with a grey secondary waffenfarbe.

Paul - I used to have a small collection of TR shoulderboards, but sold them off. I currently collect East German insignia, to include shoulder boards. It is amazing how much shoulderboards remained the same in the East German Army. Here are a couple of examples. Kevin

Engineer field grade, Major to Colonel. Note that they used more pips than TR SBs to denote rank.

You are so correct!! That is why I love East German items as well. The problem is that I do not have much more space to add to this. I might be selling a lot of my DDR stuff off in the future.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2569

Warm regards

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

Guest Rick Research

Rank of the RFV pair is "Zollsekret?r." The tabs which went with this Sergeant Major level had a low flat wreath with two tiny pips above it.

You are so correct!! That is why I love East German items as well. The problem is that I do not have much more space to add to this. I might be selling a lot of my DDR stuff off in the future.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2569

Warm regards

Paul

Paul - I saw that thread, and was very very impressed. I did a small bit of collecting DDR when I was in Berlin and could have kicked myself for not picking up stuff that has risen greatly in price in the past couple of years, like daggers, binos, reference publications, and anything para.

I have to echo Ed Hayes' remark from that thread, "I gave up uniforms due to storage space (= wife) problems." I've exceeded my spouse allowed closet space with DDR, Soviet and WWII U.S. uniforms, helmets, field gear, boots, ect... But DDR shoulder boards, collar tabs, medals and badges take up much less space so I've concentrated on them. Unfortunately much of what is on the market now is common and the lower quality stuff that was churned out in the last few years of the DDR. If you are intrested is selling or trading DDR shoulder boards, collar tabs or insignia, keep me in mind. Kevin

Edited by ehrentitle

Paul - I saw that thread, and was very very impressed. I did a small bit of collecting DDR when I was in Berlin and could have kicked myself for not picking up stuff that has risen greatly in price in the past couple of years, like daggers, binos, reference publications, and anything para.

I have to echo Ed Hayes' remark from that thread, "I gave up uniforms due to storage space (= wife) problems." I've exceeded my spouse allowed closet space with DDR, Soviet and WWII U.S. uniforms, helmets, field gear, boots, ect... But DDR shoulder boards, collar tabs, medals and badges take up much less space so I've concentrated on them. Unfortunately much of what is on the market now is common and the lower quality stuff that was churned out in the last few years of the DDR. If you are intrested is selling or trading DDR shoulder boards, collar tabs or insignia, keep me in mind. Kevin

Rick,

Thank you for the information. I was getting ready to break out the reference books upstairs. I had forgotten that I had these boards.

Kevin,

Thank you for your kind words. I will keep you in mind when I go to sell these things off(which might not be that far away). I started collecting East German items about 4-5 years ago. Before I started with WW2 German.

I would love to see what you have sometime. Start a thread!!

Paul

Rick,

Thank you for the information. I was getting ready to break out the reference books upstairs. I had forgotten that I had these boards.

Kevin,

Thank you for your kind words. I will keep you in mind when I go to sell these things off(which might not be that far away). I started collecting East German items about 4-5 years ago. Before I started with WW2 German.

I would love to see what you have sometime. Start a thread!!

Paul

Ok Paul, I have quite a few but only a few scanned. I'll start a thread on DDR SBs in the Soviet & Eastern Block Militaria & Awards forum. The areas I'm still have major holes are in are Volksmarine, Warrant Officer School, General Officer field SBs, Artillery, Para, Rear Services and Air Defense. I've tried to stay away from civil stuff, but have quite a few VP SBs as a result of buying a trading. Kevin

Paul,

Next up is a set of Heer transport/supply boards for a Hauptman

the pair of boards with the "Staff of Mercury" are for a Stabsintendant (Hauptmann) in the administrative branch of the Truppensonderdienst (Special Troop Service) created on 1 May 1944.

Regards

Glenn

I look forward to seeing your collection of goodies!

:beer:

Thank you Glenn! The numbered set with the "607" are piped with the same waffenfarbe. Was the wearer in the Special Troop Service as well?

Edited by Paul Reck