News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Munchner Illustrierte Zeitung lists with photos

Hi guys, recently got Munchner Illustrierte Zeitung papers, 1914 and 1915, probably full file. It contains /each of the papers/ lists like this, with portraits. Probably this is a very common paper, but still if it is interesting for someone, I can scan such pages or look for someone's portrait according to the date. Any interest?

• Replies 227
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Chip-- that early in the "home by Christmas" war it is BOTH-- or rather, they are almost entirely 2nd Classes, since nobody merely mortal had a 1st Class then-- especially from Bavaria.

When I was in college (my alma mater was entirely faculty-ied by Enemy Aliens then) had a Berlin weekly magazine with exactly the same sort of :cheers: tiny photo portraits. By 1915 they were only running 1st Classes and by the end of 1915 they'd abandoned even that.

GREAT find Theodor!!!!! :jumping::jumping: :jumping:

Indeed, no mention what cross. There are also another lists - same photos, but "Deutscher Heldenfaal 1914/15". Name, unit and date of death.

Then I will scan little by little the pages with the EK awarded /will not be very fast, these are quite a few/ and will put the images here - or in a separate thread? The thing is much larger than the scanner, but scanning half page at time will do the trick, I think.

And what about the lists with the KIA? Are these interesting to scan? Here are samples - one who got an EK and one who got a bullet :speechless:

Ok, I will start here. Will type the name, to make it possible for internet search.

The lists of EK recipients starts in VII Jahrgagn, Nummer 42, XI Kriegsnummer, Dritte Oktober-Nummer.

Ritter des Eisernes Kreuzes 1914 (I.)

Oberl. von Andrian-Werburg

Edited by Theodor

Hello Theodor:

Thank you for sharing this wonderful source of information with us. I would assume that at this stage of the war, all "EK" recipients are EKII recipients. If someone was an EKI recipient, this almost certainly would have been spelled out, as the EK I was a very high award at this stage of the war.

I am curious if there are listings of Bayerische Milit?r-Verdienst-Medaille (Bayerische Tapferkeitsmedaille) recipients. I would be very interested in that information.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Thank you, glad it is interesting :cheers:

Yes, indeed these are probably all EK2 - the portrait after the next portrait will show exactly an officer with the EK2!

Unfortunately no other listings so far - I see only EK recipients and KIA lists there.