News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky 2nd class

Now that I have some time I will be listing some of the groups that I pulled out of storage. This group was recently traded for and now one of my prize groups.

The medal group belonged to Colonel William T. Sexton who was the Division Artillery Commander of the Third Infantry Division during WWII. The group consists of the basic US medals and the OBK 2nd Class. The set came from his daughter by a third party, and unfortunately there are no award documents for the US or Russian medals.

Included in the phots I am posting are two showing Sexton wearing the OBK with Russian officers.

The Order of Bogdan Kmelnistky is in excellent condition except for the some scratches on the reverse. The serial number is 1278 which seems strange because in Paul Schmitt book no 1277 is shown on page 119. The recent article in the OMSA of Russian awards to American serviceman list one OBK being awarded, the list is not a final tally but rather what is now known.

I will have the serial number researched and will post any information that I receive on the award.

As I also collect American medal groups along with the Russian awards this makes this a great find for my collection.

Regards

Jim