News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Early German militaria auction video

This made me recall the prices of the times and it made me wish for that same machine, Dan. :rolleyes:

Like many of my fellow elder members I was collecting during that time period, the problem was that I was being paid at the rate of the times so much was still out of the reach of my modest income.

Thanks for posting this, it was quite nostalgic.

Regards

Brian

I'm happy I could find and post it. beer.gif I'm glad it brings back some fond memories. I myself didn't start to collect till the late 70's but I studied the history and militaria in general till that time. Was born in 1962 so sadly missed out on the 60's and much of the 70's for collecting but compared with now I still hit many fantastic deals and great prices. I remember when we could buy EK/Hindenburg Cross parade mounted bars all day long for $15 to $25 each. Now look at what they go for.speechless1.gifspeechless1.gif Made alot of great deals, later sold most of it off when prices went through the roof. Still love it all but as with so many of us my tastes changed and I wanted to get into fresh new areas and learn more.

But oh if that time machine ever becomes a reality how tempting it would be to go back to the good old days with a ton of money and be able to buy up some great pieces. beer.gif

Dan cheers.gif

I'm happy I could find and post it. beer.gif I'm glad it brings back some fond memories. I myself didn't start to collect till the late 70's but I studied the history and militaria in general till that time. Was born in 1962 so sadly missed out on the 60's and much of the 70's for collecting but compared with now I still hit many fantastic deals and great prices. I remember when we could buy EK/Hindenburg Cross parade mounted bars all day long for $15 to $25 each. Now look at what they go for.speechless1.gifspeechless1.gif Made alot of great deals, later sold most of it off when prices went through the roof. Still love it all but as with so many of us my tastes changed and I wanted to get into fresh new areas and learn more.

But oh if that time machine ever becomes a reality how tempting it would be to go back to the good old days with a ton of money and be able to buy up some great pieces. beer.gif

Dan cheers.gif

Regarding the time machine. I think there may be a few members, myself included, who would first use it to avoid ever meeting the ex-wife, or in my brother's case the first 4 ex-wives. What is the malfunction with little brothers? :lol:

Regards (still in the present)

Brian