News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Definative maker mark stamp list EK 14-18

Hi

Bowen had the following for EK2s. I did not include who he assumed some of them were. Some of his ideas were right, but some like "FR" being Frank and Reif were wrong.

I also think there is a danger that KC may be a badly stamped KO. I have not examoned a KC to compare it to a KO, just using it as an example. The problem with ring stamps is that they are often not to clear.

A

B

BD

CD800

D

E

EW

FO

Fr

FR

FW

G

H

HB

HBG

IW

KC

KO

KM

KAG

KAW

LV

LW

M

+M+

MEH

N

R

S

S-W

Silber

U

WH

WHM

Wien

Wilm

WS

WuS

Y

Z

Crown and Crescent 800

I'm so glad not to see these nonsense interpretations of the marks... once more I read H is for Hossauer, I'd really get angry.

:shame:

Have you noticed this little overview we worked out on SDA forum? Any mark with a picture of the cross to avoid misread marks like e.g. KC might be. It's not perfect, but it was worth a try.

http://h1797427.stratoserver.net/public_html/wbb3/board3-3/board144-eisernes-kreuz-1813-1870-1914/58493-%C3%BCbersicht-kern-und-rahmenvergleich-eisernes-kreuz-2-klasse-1914/

One other thing: I see awarded and private purchase crosses mixed here in this list. Maybe one should think about seperating them?

I'm so glad not to see these nonsense interpretations of the marks... once more I read H is for Hossauer, I'd really get angry.

:shame:

Have you noticed this little overview we worked out on SDA forum? Any mark with a picture of the cross to avoid misread marks like e.g. KC might be. It's not perfect, but it was worth a try.

http://h1797427.stra...-2-klasse-1914/

One other thing: I see awarded and private purchase crosses mixed here in this list. Maybe one should think about seperating them?

Hi Sascha,

That is interesting, I did not know you had that up.

One thing not clear to me, do you think the Saxons, Bavarians etc wre given crosses by the Prussian suppliers, or did they have to organise their own?

Best

Chris

We can assume A might be Assmann. It's entirely possible. But we just don't know.

But crosses were made in Stuttgart for exampl, and that is not Prussia.

All 1st classes made in Stuttgart I'm aware of are pricvate purchase variations that could literally have been made everywhere. I'm not sure about the 2nd classes.

All 1st classes made in Stuttgart I'm aware of are pricvate purchase variations that could literally have been made everywhere. I'm not sure about the 2nd classes.

Hi,

what I wonder is... if they made EKs in Stuttgart... why not in bavaria, or Sachsen?

And if crosses were made in Stuttgart, why could Baden not order them there for award purposes?

Logic dictates that it is a Prussian award, to be made in Prussia... but how were they delivered to Bavarian, Saxon etc. units? Did bavarian Div commanders have to order them from Berlin?

I find it a very intriguing question...

Best

Chris

I'm not saying they did not make EKs in Saxony or Bavaria. But I'm pretty sure they were all ordered via the Prussian(!) Generalordenskommission, Berlin, and later via the Eisenbahnzentralamt for award purposes.

They weren't awarded at home, were they? So why order them at home... where the Eisenbahnzentralamt got them from is another thing and I'm not sure if any EKs made outside of Prussia were awarded officially. If so, it's due the high demand.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Carl Dillenius is 100% for CD 800 ?

It's about 99,5%, I'd say.

KAG, can we assume it is maker "K" then Aktiengesellschaft ?

I think I never read this before anywhere else, but had the same thought recently. You're thinking at a certain K., aren't you?

By the way, I didn't foreget you. Will e-mail you today hopefully.

I think I never read this before anywhere else, but had the same thought recently. You're thinking at a certain K., aren't you?

Hi,

I am open to suggestions on this, according to the Wiki page, Quenzer died in 1918.... I still dont think they simply left a Q off of the stamp, would have been very unusual, and they only became an AG in the late 1920s, so it would not fit.

I am in the dark on this one :-(