Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Chris Boonzaier

4 Star Battle damaged EK1

According to the seller (was a private buy) tis belonged to Lt. d. Res Anton Kriete of the Garde Füsilier regiment... Has 4 stars on the screw.

Stupidly, the guy I got it from was not a collector, and be polished them to make them nice and sellable....

I wonder who the maker was?

well, all of the various permutations of dov style crosses share characteristics that are unique and proprietary, and found only on crosses from that seller, so one would logically conclude that this outfitter had their own workshop, or at the very least, the same supplier(s) over the span of many decades...

I believe the later to be the case. I don't believe the D.O.V. actually produced anything themselves.

I believe the later to be the case. I don't believe the D.O.V. actually produced anything themselves.

Agree... they were more like a PX for officers... and you could mail order from the front ordering Uniforms, Metal Trunks, Iron Crosses or cigars....

I am guessing the 4 stars were the standard for the maker, and if you wanted, they would put a retailers name like D.O.V. on it.

here's another 4-star .800 D.O.V.-- this one has the threading inside the nut stripped, so the owner took a slice of iron and drilled, threaded it and slipped it inside of nut. perhaps from a bullet or shell?

it's also hand engraved, but i haven't gotten around to deciphering the script yet

CIMG0001 (13).JPG

CIMG0003 (12).JPGCIMG0004 (10).JPG

CIMG0002 (13).JPG

Edited by Eric Stahlhut
added pic