News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Milosh the great Crown only

On 4/12/2016 at 18:02, paul wood said:

Radmilo,

You'd better E-mail them, I had that piece I would definitely be in touch with the seller of the crown.

Paul

That's a nice idea, unfortunately knowing our museums I don't think they'd be interested, I really doubt they have a budget for expenses like that...

• 1 month later...

Not bad, 50% profit.
    By the way when was the last time anyone saw Miloš made by Jacob Leser? Leser examples seem to be extremely rare. This was the last one I noticed: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/11040910_order-of-milosh-the-great

Even in Car/Muhić book you can see just 2 examples, 3rd and 4th class. Has anyone ever seen Leser made breast star, if that producer even made them. When you take a look at that "Grand Cross Sash Badge" from above and it's "sash with Russian type gold ring" I wouldn't be surprised if someone took 3rd class and put it on some sash.

22 hours ago, paul wood said:

Seems typical of Les Rosenbaum's mark-ups, I suspect he will have it for quite along time.

Paul

It's not on dealer's website anymore...sold already?

Edited by new world

• 2 months later...

One more Miloš popped up at emedals, it can be found here.
    "First Class by Karl Fleichhacker, comes with old original silk sash, without rosette."
    That sash can't be original and it doesn't look old so how can they tell it's 1st class badge, why not 2nd or 3rd? They looks exactly the same...

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 16:24, paul wood said:

Seems typical of Les Rosenbaum's mark-ups, I suspect he will have it for quite along time.

Paul

I have now discovered that the mark up was somewhat less than I had thought as it was purchased from the E-bay purchaser who made a reasonable mark up itself. So unreserved apologies to Les and co,

Paul

• 2 months later...

"Serbian Order of Milos, breast star, in Silver, Gold and enamels, also set with genuine Diamonds, c. 1880"!
    I just had to post this one on forum, photo found here (emedals' Instagram page).
    Hopefully they'll put better images on emedals website :)
    01.jpg