News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I recently acquired a collection of WW1 WW2 British medals - value ? info ?

12 hours ago, Brett Hendey said:

You might be lucky and have a fortune in your hands!

Well it looks like its easy enough to post pics ( as I posted an old pic a moment ago below )

Yea I hope so !!

They are all in excellent condition for their age as they were stored in individual envelopes in an ammo can.

Most are quite heavy for their size and appear to be maybe made of sterling silver ?

I will get to work this week on getting pics uploaded to the site.

I noticed the for sale forum here is brand new and does not appear to get used ( just 1-2 posts ? )

test

Nazi Jan 2014 035.JPG

Edited by StrkAliteN

Brit star 1.png

Brit star 3.png

Brit star 2.png

I just posted the 4 British air crew star medals for now as a person contacted me via message and was interested in seeing those

A couple of these 'star' medals has engravings on the back of the serviceman who they were awarded to it looks like

The Stars pictured above going by the ribbons, are 1939-1945 Star, Atlantic Star with ACE clasp, Italy Star and Africa Star.

Naming on Stars/WWII medals points to South African, Australian or Indian units (may be one or two other Commonwealth countries too) unless privately named by the recipient.

The value of any Empire/Commonwealth medal is in the research, if killed, then where? If wounded where? Unit/rank/name etc.

You could be sitting on a lot of money especially if the highly faked Air Crew Europe Stars are genuine. See here for comparisons http://www.northeastmedals.co.uk/britishguide/aircreweurpestarcopyfake.htm

Tony

After the war British service personnel could have their unnamed medals (in particular stars) privately named. I remember that Boots (the chemists) offered such a service, and they did a fine job.

• 2 weeks later...