News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian Militär Verdienstkreuz III. class

Austrian Militär Verdienstkreuz III. class with war decoration. Center looks like it has been damaged, and the ribbon is incorrect. These crosses are pretty common, and with the correct ribbon and in good shape, retail for around € 125-150. 

Regards, Sandro

The reason I asked, was that years ago I read somewhere that the red ribbon was used on an extremely low number to high ranking officers !?  Sorry about the pic, not very good at this. The medal is fine, no damage strong shadow from my desk lamp just took another pic, hope it's better.

IMG20170531164145.jpgnn.jpg

Hi John,

A-H red ribbon is very common one used in variety of decorations either in peace time (Merit Crosses, Military Merit Medals, FJO) or for some other decorations like Annorum 40 (Medal for 40 years of faithful service) or JEM 1898 for military (Commemorative medal 1898 for military personal). We are talking about millions indeed. However never with swords. This combination is not possible. Story about Military Merit Cross with this combination is just fairy tale. Sorry for that.

Regards,

Tomas