News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

...stuck between the pages of a Dandy annual-this little treasure-only 10p. The bottom is printed:"Die Marburger Jager im Schutzengraben in Frankreich 1914/15." On the back in sutterlein is: "Fur Schwester Luise- von Hpt. Wachs 3 Comp. Re Jarg-Btl 11, 22 Res. Divis. IV A.K."-obviuosly a locally produced souviner card given to a pretty nurse by a Captain hoping for a letter.

Note the grenade-rifle.

Guest Rick Research

Wachs was an Oberleutnant dL I (J?gers) in Landwehrbezirk Siegen in 1914, holding the LD2. He had been a Leutnant dR in JB 11 earlier.

Hi Ulsterman :beer:

Very nice picture :jumping::jumping: lots of detail, like the trench periscope on top of the dug-out door way and the bloke with the pipe holding a reload for the rifle-grenadier, and the observer with trench periscope to the rear, very casual and natural attitude, obviously a quiet sector, as no one sports a tin lid.

Kevin in Deva

Thanks Chaps-

Kev, it was a bit early for a tin lid.

My question is though, when did RR sell his soul to Satan to obtain information of Reserve Jager officers...or is he looking through the Reserves listed in the 14 ranklist?

Guest Rick Research

That's all. For his civilian occupation, whether he survived the war (I didn't turn anything up in the award rolls) et cetera you'll have to wait for Glenn to magically appear. :P

That's all. For his civilian occupation, whether he survived the war (I didn't turn anything up in the award rolls) et cetera you'll have to wait for Glenn to magically appear

I am incommunicado at the moment :( My internet connection at home last night and this morning is "down". Hopefully it will be resolved today.

Regards

Glenn

Communications again :jumping:

I have not managed to ascertain the first name of Herr Wachs but here are his promotions:

Leutnant d.R.: 16.7.99

Oberleutnant d.R. : 18.10.09

Hauptmann d.L. 12.10.14

His civilian profession was that of a foresty official in the Prussian Forestry Administration. He held the grade of Forstassessor in 1906 and was resident in Olpe (about 13 miles North North West of Siegen). By 1914 all things being equal he should have progressed to the grade of Oberf?rster.

He survived the war.

Regards

Glenn