News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here's some for our Ricky

It's been a while since old Marcus has posted here, I see changes !!! Very good changes indeed !!!!

I though Ricky you'd like to see these......I do know (I think) what they are, but i can't remember, I'll get back to this thread ( I have to hop back to the WAF where Vadim helped me)

I know you like your naval bits and bob's Ricky, and I've just under 50 more of these sorts...so I'll post these at a later date for you to view.

Good to see the clan together and such experts in a team again......I must frequent here more often :cat-smiley-025:

I hope you like these Ricky ( And you Gerd mate)

Kr

Marcus

Guest Rick Research

FIFTY?????? jumping jumping

The blue and white enamel civilian ones are for UNIVERSITIES, based on the original pre-WW2 badge shown at left below.

I'm not sure what RED meant, and think the odd shaped ones that may be coming up in further posts (look rather like parachute shape) are for COLLEGES.

I've got much less information on non-MILITARY graduate badges, like the MVD one in center here, or the KGB one at right.

I've the last two you show, and the red one with snake and cup (what is it serpeant and chalice LOL, I don't even know if I spelt that correctly LOL)

Thats a Medical one of course, well according to collect Russia's site rolleyes.gif yeah I use there as reference.

Yes Ricky I think it's 47 I have of these ( maybe more ?), I haven't even counted them all properly and I'd forgotten I even had these, and about 15 or so are naval dated ones, with subs and the naval flag on etc. I guess they're just common bits and bobs. I bought these back in the mid 90's in the UK for 50p and quid for the pretty ones. I think I even have the odd duplicate...if so they are yours cousin :cat-smiley-025:

(I just love these cats)

Marcus

Hey Marcus, brother, good to see you here also. Some nice badges do you have there. I like these academy badges as well very much. But i only have a few and all of them are later non-silver versions. But i will add some more for sure. At least the common ones and a few common civilians. They are really pretty little buggers.

Gerd

Right get ready for this, they're all the same bar the designation plate and the exception of minor details.

This is the first lot the boring lot.

These two look the sameminor difference in the 'wreath' thing and actual look of the badge, one is more 'chromified' the other more dull.

The reverse of the badge slightly differs too (I'll show a pic)

Pic 1

Edited by Marcus H

The 'older' (left badge) looking badge back, notice the central vertical line just visible in this light. It's almost gives an impression of being vaulted, which the badges are to a noticeable yet marginal degree.

The more new looking one (not thats there much in it, but thats my explaining diction LOL)

To be honest this isn't the best pic I could have used to make my point, but it's more falt on the back, although as you're aware from the pic, you can see the trait of the vault line.

Ricky help me out here, you're better at English than the Englishman.

Guest Rick Research

Yup, these are all variations of the Submarine Navigation School. I agree about the "earlier" one-- notice that the frame is GILT rather than silver. They had to change that probably because only the Voroshilov General Staff Academy was supposed to be gold colored.

Now, how "early' was "early?" Still probably late 1960s or the 1970s, since none of these are real silver.