News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kaiser Signature pin badge of Honour?

Hello everyone;

I have a document group to an F-P war Corporal. Among the more common, and offical looking award documents for the EK II, the Centennial medal, F-P war medal, etc. there is a handwritten document, issued from the Marshall of the Court for the awarding of the Kaiser Signature pin badge. Dated July 4, 1895.

From other documents I have, I know that after the war he rose in rank in the military until he left when a position as a prison guard opened. From there, he rose again to become the Prison Inspector.

I have no idea what it looks like and would be very interested to see one, and to learn more about it.

Thank you.

-Claudius

Post a scan. Never heard of any such thing.

There was a variety of such "Ehrengaben" (badge with chiffre of Kaiser Wilhelm, etc)...many of them with ruby, diamonds etc.

I heard Huesken published a catalogue with such pin-badges...Weitze actually sells two.

I also found a few, which Huesken sells.

The photo (from Huesken?s shop) shows one from "Kaiser Karl I." from Austria (enamelled gold).

Greetings

Solomon

Claudius,

I read the word as "Namenszuge", which in this case would translate as monogram or perhaps more precisely, cypher (cipher), that is, the symbol representing the royal name. Most likely the stylized "WR" ringed with a wreath and surmounted by a crown.

Chip

Claudius,

I read the word as "Namenszuge", which in this case would translate as monogram or perhaps more precisely, cypher (cipher), that is, the symbol representing the royal name. Most likely the stylized "WR" ringed with a wreath and surmounted by a crown.

Chip

Thank you Chip!!! :jumping: Perhaps the translations I had were too literal. I'm glad that you could recognized the other, precise meanings for this word.

Have you ever seen this pin before? Are there variations?

Thank you again.