News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Opinions on Spanish crosses please

Guest Richard van Kempen

Guest Richard van Kempen

Hi everyone.

I'm new to this forum and thanks to Nick for enviting me over or i would never have found this one.

Firstly i'll try to introduce myself.

I'm Richard van Kempen and from the Netherlands, some of you may know me from other forums.

I mainly collect enamel badges recently i've changed my interest to party badges and the other round (and not so round) enamel beauties.

This time i've been offered a these two spanish crosses, and as my knowledge on these babies are slim to none i would like your (this Forum wink.gif ) advice.

Shall i tel you the extend of my know how on these?....well ok then.....they were awarded biggrin.gif

I can hear you thinking right now.....WOW he's got an immense knowledge on these!!!!

Yep thats why i need your assistance, because without it i would be lost as a needle in a stack of needles laugh.gif

Nice looking forum and i wish it the best of luck in the future

Greetings

Richard van Kempen

Guest Richard van Kempen

Ah i almost forgot to ask......How much are these worth if original?

Thanks again :food-smiley-004:

Richard

Hi Richard,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the Club.

I wouldn't mind seeing some larger pix of the 'SC', but from what I can see... I'm afraid I don't like this example.

The 'CEJ' mark is incorrect with the well known modern 'J' and the maker mark is a lot larger than on known originals. The pin also looks to be post war '57 series. Original 'Juncker' pins are of the 'coke bottle' type with a slight up-turn at the tip.

The 'Cross of Honour for relatives of the Dead in Spain' is a certainly a fake.. All originals are plain backed. These L/12/Godet marked pieces have been out there for quite a number of years..

Advice, steer well clear of them.

Guest Richard van Kempen

Thank you very much John for the warm welcome and your advice.

Your advice is already taken and steered way clear of them, thank you very much

Greets

Richard

Hello Richard,

Both crosses are copies in my opinion. the Honor cross marked L/12 is a known copy: drop tail eagles, bad MM (L/12 is for Juncker). The other cross is a copy too: bad details compare to an original CEJ, bad MM, and to my knowledge the silver crosses stamped CEJ are in massive silver stamped "900".

Don't buy these crosses, or if it's too late send them return and get your money back.

jacques

Guest Richard van Kempen

Hi Jacques thank you for your advice.

I didn't buy them yet and never will thanks to the forums and people that know what they are talking about!!! :food-smiley-004:

Richard

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone.

I'm new to this forum and thanks to Nick for enviting me over or i would never have found this one.

Firstly i'll try to introduce myself.

I'm Richard van Kempen and from the Netherlands, some of you may know me from other forums.

I mainly collect enamel badges recently i've changed my interest to party badges and the other round (and not so round) enamel beauties.

This time i've been offered a these two spanish crosses, and as my knowledge on these babies are slim to none i would like your (this Forum wink.gif ) advice.

Shall i tel you the extend of my know how on these?....well ok then.....they were awarded biggrin.gif

I can hear you thinking right now.....WOW he's got an immense knowledge on these!!!!

Yep thats why i need your assistance, because without it i would be lost as a needle in a stack of needles laugh.gif

Nice looking forum and i wish it the best of luck in the future

Greetings

Richard van Kempen

Hi,It's Naoki matsumoto. I am agreeable. I bought such two FAKE Spanienkreuz Silber900 before, too. I felt regrettable. CEJ thinks the carved seal to be different.

• 3 weeks later...