News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW! ribbon bar

Ulsterman

This little upside down treasure came from an eBay auction-by the fuzzy pic I thought it was a New York WW1 medal-but it is not. It's a perfect example of a plasticated US WW2 ribbon bar-and it came with several others showing WW@ service.

I am very pleased-it's my first one, now if I can just find the medal to go with it. :beer:

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

And the notable thing IS the one star. The battle bars almost invariably came with the ubiquitous "Defensive Sector" bar. So either no star or two+... but ONE is quite unusual.

I'm off to my annual sinister gathering of cousins, but if this hasn't been solved from the divisional entitlements list by the time I get back, I'll see if I can spot any large unit singleton. :beer:

Thanks Ed, couldn't place the second... I had initially thought NY Conspicuous Service Cross... :blush:

No, I think (and working from memory, that is a very dangerous thing) it is the VFW. That would be a logical pair.

• 2 weeks later...

actually the bar was almost certainly a "fleet" one, as the rest of the bar (e.g. the WW2 version) included a stray navy long service medal ribbon in second place (after the purple heart).

US vets do not seem to have bought a lot of their association medals, so I am quite chuffed: it's a 1920s bar for certain.

Edited by Ulsterman