News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unusual imperial tunics?

Hello,

I've never noticed this type of tunic before (the light coloured ones). Are they military or postal service (Mike) or something else?

Can anyone ID the medals being worn? China on the left and Centenar on the right maybe? The photo is dated 1917.

Tony

Guest Rick Research

The medal bar is Prussian General Decoration (Allgemeine Ehrenzeichen) Medal in Silver-- normally given for about 25 years total service in grades below offier, a M1913 XV Years Service Cross for the Prussian army or Imperial navy, and the 1897 Kaiser Wilhelm I Centenary medal.

The fellow at far right is only wearing a state cockade, while the others have two.

• 1 year later...

These cotton tunics appear to be non-military to me. I would guess they would be Reichs employees....something like railway, phone service, etc. The one shoulderboard does not correspond to anything military, though on first glance, it would appear to be that of an Offizierstellvertreter. It is not that, but more closely resembles the later Reichsbahn board. Some minor officials of some sort.

Chip