News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rons research candidates

THis forum has re ignited my enthusiasm for researched Soviet orders and medals. I dug out my footlocker of Soviet stuff and have come up with some items I am considering for research. I would appreciate any opinions on which ones are good candidates and at what level (medal record card only or MRC and citation or .....). My first candidate is a RB and PW2 pair with the orders book. The orders book looks like it went through a war and has been recovered.

Hi Ron and welcome,

i would get them researched in this order:

Red Banner + OGPW 2nd class pair (totally agree with you, first canditate)

Red Banner 89350

Valor Medal 444954

Military Merit Medal 293832

Red Banner 354569 (probably a Long Service award, but 20 years career can have a lot of interesting events and details)

Red Star 714684

Nice group, btw :cheers:

Gerd

I would recommend:

HSU 688

RB 89350

RB 354569

OPW,2nd on suspension

:beer: Doc

Here are my other candidates;

RB 89350

RB 354569

RS 714684

Valor 444954

Combat Service 1st type suspension 293832

My HSU 688 is already at the top of the list for a full lookup.

Thanks, Ron

I would recommend:

-For the ORB and OGPW2, get "everything" - award card, service history, citations and personnel file. Looks like an interesting group.

-For the lower numbered ORB, get the award card, service history and citation. The personnel file would be a toss up on this one - it depends on your level of expendable funds you want to invest.

For the others, I'd just the award card, citation and if finances permit it, the service histories.

Hope that helps!

Dave

My thanks to all for the prompt guidance. Groups like you help put the fun back into collecting. As soon as my high speed internet connection get back up, I will start posting my researched groups and medals from about 5 years ago when I was in my Soviet medal frenzy.

Ron

My thanks to all for the prompt guidance. Groups like you help put the fun back into collecting. As soon as my high speed internet connection get back up, I will start posting my researched groups and medals from about 5 years ago when I was in my Soviet medal frenzy.

Ron

:beer::jumping:

Guest Rick Research

What rank and branch are the collar tabs in that Orders Book photo? there's a "clue" right there what sort of officer he was. I can't make out rank or the branch device.