News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WWII Soviet Medals & Insignia from the Ukraine

My daughter will be living in the Ukraine for the next two years. I'm trying to get her spun up on WWII Soviet Medals and Insignia so she might purchase some for me while there. Does anyone here have any knowledge of pricing and availability of Soviet medals in the Ukraine? I know that a few years back this stuff was dirt cheap in the former Soviet republics, but I imagine prices have risen there as well because of the huge demand. I'd also like to know if there are any export restrictions on these medals or other problems with mailing military insignia from the Ukraine. Thanks in advance, Kevin

As long as I know the Ukraine has similar laws as Russia concerning exports of WWII medals. It is suppose to be illegal. I also heard it is complicated to export medals from Ukraine to Russia. Concerning the prices, I guess it is the same as in Russia. No big deal to do today.

Kevin,

If you carry medals through customs and get caught you could have an unpleasant problem, same as in Russia. Badges and uniforms etc. should not be a problem. Ukraine, however, is well known here in Moscow as the source of many of the better repro Soviet decorations so there is a very high chance she will get ripped off.

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by Paul L Murphy