News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My U.S. Medals Collection

Hauptmann

Medal for the Liberation of Kuwait:

And although this is, I believe a Saudi award alot of our troops were awarded it so felt I'd pop it in here as a companion to the Persian Gulf medal. Besides... I really like the design of this one not to mention the overabundance of green and gold in it's design as well as the case.

[attachmentid=52059]

[attachmentid=52060]

[attachmentid=52061]

[attachmentid=52062]

[attachmentid=52063]

Edited by Hauptman

And last but not least... not a medal the a commemorative piece that I've always liked and thought I'd post it here as a tribute to U.S. Vets.

[attachmentid=52064]

[attachmentid=52065]

That concludes the show... for now at least. I do hope to add a few more before all is said and done.

Dan :cheers:

Guest Darrell

Great stuff Dan. These are very underappreciated. Mainly because US peeps don't usually collect US stuff I guess :unsure:

Many here only like to collect the WW1, WW2 era of these medals ... but whatever, they are hard to find and usually over priced. But a great deal of medals have only been around for the last 20 years .. so there really is no "old" variation of them. This usually goes to the Civilian / Public Service / NASA group.

Great stuff. Made me do a head count on my US ones ... last count ~ 200 +/-. Too many to post here, but glad to see I'm not alone :beer:

Great stuff Dan. These are very underappreciated. Mainly because US peeps don't usually collect US stuff I guess :unsure:

Many here only like to collect the WW1, WW2 era of these medals ... but whatever, they are hard to find and usually over priced. But a great deal of medals have only been around for the last 20 years .. so there really is no "old" variation of them. This usually goes to the Civilian / Public Service / NASA group.

Great stuff. Made me do a head count on my US ones ... last count ~ 200 +/-. Too many to post here, but glad to see I'm not alone :beer:

Hi Darrell,

Just have to get that group shot together showing the whole family! :P:beer: Methinks it would fill a fairly large dance hall!!!! :o:jumping:

But I totally agree... very underappreciated except for the specialty or really rare pieces, etc. But hey, I love them, they needed a home... what's a collector to do? :P

Many thanks my friend! :cheers:

Dan