News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My U.S. wing/badge collection

Hauptmann

Hi all,

Here's some of what I have. I'll keep adding over time. No particular order here... just going to let fly.

Here's some Air Force badges:

I believe this one is for Traffic Controllers:

[attachmentid=52080]

I think this one is for Security/Air Police... Senior level.

[attachmentid=52081]

Not sure on this one.

[attachmentid=52083]

A pair of wings... again not sure on these as far as what they are.

[attachmentid=52085]

[attachmentid=52086]

Here's some Navy pieces.

Navy Aircrew:

[attachmentid=52087]

Navy Command (full sized and mini):

[attachmentid=52088]

[attachmentid=52089]

Navy Patrol Boat Command:

[attachmentid=52090]

[attachmentid=52091]

And one I never see... even in the surplus catalogs. They offer these from the other branches but I never see navy examples. This was a gift from a friend I worked with in radio who was a Recruiter many moons ago. This was his original badge and he had to obtain a new one as this was starting to show it's age.

[attachmentid=52095]

[attachmentid=52096]

Hi all,

Here's some of what I have. I'll keep adding over time. No particular order here... just going to let fly.

Not sure on this one. Master Air Force Weapons Director Badge

[attachmentid=52083]

A pair of wings... again not sure on these as far as what they are.

Army Pilot Badge

[attachmentid=52085]

Army Air Corps Navigator Badge

[attachmentid=52086]

Edited by ehrentitle

Dan, the combat tank badge is bogus. It was floated but never authorized. The proposed version had yellow (branch color for armor) enamel.

Hi Bob,

Hmmm, really? :unsure: Think this one was a part of a very large group of U.S. items I got down in Florida for a song. So no great loss. But good to know. Glad I posted it as otherwise I'd have probably never known. :P:beer:

Thanks much for the help, :cheers:

Dan

Here's some Navy pieces.

Navy Patrol Boat Command:

Actually, this is the Assault Craft or Small Boat Officer in Charge (OIC) as it's called. It's technically not a command badge but a qualification badge.

If I can ever find my old Navy Recruiter badge, I'll send it to ya. (I think I might have chucked it though as I haven't seen it for ages!) I was an Ensign working at the local MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) and had exactly zero decorations on my shirt other than two gold rank bars. A crusty old chief took me over to a storage closet, opened up a big bag of these "hubcaps" (as they are known) and gave me one, saying "Well Ensign, at least you'll have SOMETHING on your shirt now!" :P

Also, the gold jump wings aren't just for the Marine Corps - they are called the Naval Parachutist badge, and are given for five jumps over and above the requirement for the basic jump wings.

Dave

Actually, this is the Assault Craft or Small Boat Officer in Charge (OIC) as it's called. It's technically not a command badge but a qualification badge.

If I can ever find my old Navy Recruiter badge, I'll send it to ya. (I think I might have chucked it though as I haven't seen it for ages!) I was an Ensign working at the local MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) and had exactly zero decorations on my shirt other than two gold rank bars. A crusty old chief took me over to a storage closet, opened up a big bag of these "hubcaps" (as they are known) and gave me one, saying "Well Ensign, at least you'll have SOMETHING on your shirt now!" :P

Also, the gold jump wings aren't just for the Marine Corps - they are called the Naval Parachutist badge, and are given for five jumps over and above the requirement for the basic jump wings.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Many thanks my friend! Needless to say I hope it turns up. And hubcabs is a very apt description of this one. It's so funny as you find them all the time for Army and AF, etc. in the surplus catalogs and such but never the Navy version.

Loved that story about the Chief and that young Ensign. :rolleyes: You've certainly come a long way... and I'm willing to bet the uniform is no longer anywhere near as bare as in those early days. Sounds like a Chief I'd have liked to have known. Not too many would have done something like that... sounds like a great guy.

And many thanks on the heads up on the other pieces. The assault craft badge and the command badges have always been favorites of mine. They're really big and heavy and well made... basically a handful. When you have one you really know it. Kinda the difference between a paper dollar and a silver dollar. I'd much prefer the latter... you get paid in those you really feel like you've gotten something for your labor. :D

Dan :cheers: