News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SA buckle swastika positions

Hey gang....with Joe's SA buckle post I thought I would show the three different types of swastikas used on SA buckles.

Now, there are other "types" of SA buckles but all used one of these three types of swastikas...

Here is the hardest to find: The horizontal swastika SA

[attachmentid=52562]

[attachmentid=52563]

• 1 year later...

No problem on the questions - we learn by asking! Now, as for SA variants: WHOA! I have to say that there were about 30 different SA manufacturers and many gave their SA buckles a distinct look.

It's safe to say that SA buckles are the type of buckle that have the most variants! I have about 9 or 10 and they are all different in one way or another: different eagle, different swas, perhaps a different field,.....it goes on and on.

As for reference books - altough they aren't perfect, I use Peter Nash's reference as well as John Angolia's book.

Hope this info helps!

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob, you have some nice buckles there. I'm still looking for a good horizontal style myself. As Stephen has asked about variants I thought I would show three of my favourites. Hope you don't mind the add on to your thread.

Regards to all,

Stu

Hi Stu! No probs man! It's nice to have some members contributing to the buckle section! Is there any chance we could get some pics of the backs of the buckles?

I have to say that I have not seen the top buckle style before. I've seen white metal SA buckles (commonly refered to as NSKK) but not with a brass roundel....

Thanks!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 4 months later...

WOW....that is no small task. Not too many DJ buckles were marked...but MANY, MANY, MANY HJ's were marked by a MANY,MANY manufacturers....and there are all kinds of markings. It would be a very time consuming effort.

It would benefit us for sure....hopefully someone can find the time? I can't!

Cheers!

Rob