News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Imperial Cross - Freimaurer?

Dear Gentlemen,

does anyone know such a cross? It's made of silvered brass or bronce and hangs on a chain of large rings which might not belong original to it as it seems less old than the cross which is, as I guess, about 100 years old.

I think it might be from a "Freimaurer" lodge (pardon, my crappy dictionary has not an English word for this in it, of course). Are any "Freimaurer" here? ;)

BTW, I'd like to sell it to anyone interrested. :beer:

Dear Gentlemen,

does anyone know such a cross? It's made of silvered brass or bronce and hangs on a chain of large rings which might not belong original to it as it seems less old than the cross which is, as I guess, about 100 years old.

I think it might be from a "Freimaurer" lodge (pardon, my crappy dictionary has not an English word for this in it, of course). Are any "Freimaurer" here? ;)

BTW, I'd like to sell it to anyone interrested. :beer:

Hallo saschaw, :beer:

I have seen the "shaking hands" symbol on French Freemason medals, so I believe your assumption to be correct.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Hmm, sure with the Freemason medal? I?m missing the typical insignia...compasses, pyramid or "magic eye"...

But I don?t know what else it can be...

Greetings

Solomon

Hallo Solomon :beer:

here is a picture of a Medal I sold recently to a lady in France, she told me it was connected to the Freemasons, as you can see it has the depiction of two hands shaking.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Saschaw,

That doesn't look like any Masonic medal I've ever seen, but that doesn't meant that it isn't one!

Kev,

I don't believe your medal is Masonic at all. The inscription translates as:

Mutual Aid Association of the Tannery Workers of Chateau Renault

Saschaw,

That doesn't look like any Masonic medal I've ever seen, but that doesn't meant that it isn't one!

Kev,

I don't believe your medal is Masonic at all. The inscription translates as:

Mutual Aid Association of the Tannery Workers of Chateau Renault

Hallo Mike, :beer:

as it was explained to me the Mutual Aid Association's was ran by Masons. :unsure:

And I have seen other French medals on French Ebay with the same symbol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A%3AIT&rd=1

and other auctions I have seen in the past made direct reference to the word Freemason :blush:

But must confess to being a military medal collector. :o

Kevin in Deva.

Hallo Mike, :beer:

as it was explained to me the Mutual Aid Association's was ran by Masons. :unsure:

And I have seen other French medals on French Ebay with the same symbol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A%3AIT&rd=1

and other auctions I have seen in the past made direct reference to the word Freemason :blush:

But must confess to being a military medal collector. :o

Kevin in Deva.

Kev,

You may be absolutely right since Masons are charged to engage in charitable works it would be very likely that the men running this particular charity could also have been Masons.