News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

I decided to start this as well as one on SA tabs in their appropriate section, as a set of companion threads to the one started by Paul on fake Luftwaffe tabs.

These are done in Pakistan I believe and are a few years old... so wondering if they've used the time to improve. The eagles especially are a dead give and anyone who's seen real ones, even in a good reference should be able to tell these apart.

Gauleiter tabs:

[attachmentid=53055]

[attachmentid=53056]

Hi Dan

Any chance of a close up of the backing, braid and that spindly little swaz, are the real one so skinny?

Hi Larry,

Okay... hope I got what you needed on this one. Tried several different views in larger sizes... may take a couple of posts or so... but keeping my fingers crossed that I did okay. Kinda bleary eyes at this point.

First a bit larger view of one of the tabs:

[attachmentid=53106]

Backing:

[attachmentid=53109]

Braid:

[attachmentid=53110]

Hope this is what you needed but if you what other views of this or one of the others please don't hesitate to ask. Will try my best to show whatever you need to see. I'm still learning about the scanner and how to do all this. In fact these are the first blowups I've managed to do. :P:beer:

Dan :cheers:

Thanks Dan :beer:

3 points I see on them are the swaz should have more body to it, with the embroirdery going sideways, all the senior tabs I have seen had yellow/gold piping like the lower level's not "Gold braid", also for me to be comfortable with a set of tabs I like to see the braiding in 3 strands not the mess they have there. I don't like the backing as I have never seen a white backing and it also looks plasticy though I could be wrong on that one. I would be interested to see if they have improved

• 1 year later...