News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen This is a recent pickup. It is similar to Husken 7301 a-b but with horizontal lines. Any others? Thanks for looking. Would this be some kind of radio operators badge. I am curious as it is in Huskens KdF section. Have a nice weekend. Robert

File0516.jpg

File0517.jpg

Interesting badge Robert.

I think that we could also do with some help from our German members here as I've never seen a Redo badge with the name Saarlouis, it's usually Saarlautern. I don't know if this is also an acceptable name.

Cheers

Don

I agree Don. Saarlouis has French conotations. Perhaps it is an early badge where Louis was used before lautern. Sure is nicely marked though and well made. My fingers are crossed. Mr. Rosenberg may know. Robert :blush: Perhaps Warlord will look at this also.

Edited by BURGERHAUS

Hi,

interesting badge you have there! Saarlouis is absolutely no problem,Sirs! I was just corrected-Saarlouis and Saarlautern are both the same,Saarlautern is the Germanized name!And since this is of some relevance-this happened in 1936.

Regards

Edited by Rosenberg

Releif! I would hope then that W. Redo was in business while still Saarlouis and not Saarlautern. So this would be a pre-unification piece from before 1936? So this would be a german radio operators badge in occupied Saarlouis? Kind of confusing but it makes sense. Thank You Mr. Rosenberg. This is all a great help. That had to be an exhilirating and exciting time to live in that region. Unification awaited. Robert :cool:

Joe What an interestin tinnie. I have never seen that one before and so curious how the i is missing. Thanks for showing that rare gem. The Saarlandar slays the dragon. And I wonder who the dragon might be? Oh, and if Mr. rosenberg reads this, maybe he would know what percentage of the regions population is german speaking as opposed to french speaking? I am just curious.

Edited by BURGERHAUS

First,I sorry for the confusion I arose-I worked too much :blush:

Robert,the people of the Saarland are Germans in their self-understanding,but throughout history there where several occupations so the informal language is strongly influenced by French words nowhere else used in Germany.

In regard to your badge I would like to add this: It is a membership pin for the "club" of radio-owners which was a rarity at the time.I have never seen that before and would rate it rare!

Regards