News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

4 Award Miniature button hole bar.

Joseph,

A nice mini. I've never seen a mini of this type of fire award.

The decoration only came in a badge form. There are two styles, the first (your type) was issued between 1908 and 1918. It can be found in two metals, the usual gild-bronze, and a rarer war metal.

The second style was issued between 1926 and 1934, when it was replaced by a TR award. The second version has the center image of the Kaiser replaced with a Prussian eagle, and the crown replaced with a fireman's helmet.

Both awards were generally for 25 years long service or outstanding contribution to the Prussian fire services. The full size award of the style on your bar is the most common. Usually easy to find on line. The second version is a bit scarcer, but available with patience.

If you ever want to part with that little puppy, let me know.

Firemedals

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: I've never seen the Prussian firefighting badge as a lapel mini either-- and QUITE a nice civilian group indeed there with the Crown Order 4th and noncombatant EK and War Effort Cross!

:jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping: