News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iron Cross 1st Class... a weird one

I've seen the same cross in 2nd class but couldn't inspect it closely. Could you show a closeup of the marks?

Hi Tom,

Really? I figured there had to be more... but this is the only one I'd ever seen. Got it as a toss in with a big trade deal I did years ago.

Not sure if those are marks or just imperfections... but I'll be happy to give it my best shot. But I'll have to do it later today as all the computer equipment/scanner in the bunker is shut down. It's 5:33 a.m. here and I'm just finishing a few E's before heading to bed. Have to be up for work in the morning and with luck I'll be home before too long and will either try then or after I grab a quick nap to try and catch up. :beer:

I've got a few more pieces to post but will try to do this first thing before I continue with that. :cheers:

Dan

I've seen the same cross in 2nd class but couldn't inspect it closely. Could you show a closeup of the marks?

Hi Tom,

Sorry it took me a bit. Been a rough few days as I've not gotten much sleep. Amazingly enough when I did the scan I noticed an E that I'd never seen before. It's really strange how many pieces I've had for ten or twenty years and only really see alot of details when I scan them.

[attachmentid=55388]

[attachmentid=55389]

Still not sure if the other two marks are actually "marks" per se or just imperfections in the medal... air bubbles, etc.

But sure would love to know the significance of the E.

Hope these help. :cheers:

Dan