News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am not sure where else to post this. I group on the forum has always been the most helpful. I received this email and need a translation from French. Thanks for the help.

bonsoir,

un des collectionneurs de coiffures militaires allemandes que je connais m'a fait parvenir des photos de votre ensemble du 15?me uhlan...je serai peut ?tre int?ress? par le sabre...quel serait votre prix pour le vendre ? part...

merci de votre r?ponse

Paul,

In short, what Mark says is correct and kind of resumes the essential.

Anyway, a more complete translation just for the context, would be:

"good evening,

a guy I know who collects german headgear sent me pictures of your group of the 15th uhlan... I would be maybe interested by the sword... for how much would you sell it alone...

thanks for your reply"

Hope it helps,

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Hi Dolf,

Cette traduction me semble plus que parfaite!!!! :beer::jumping::jumping::P (This is a more than perfect translation!!!)

Ch.

Salut Christophe,

Wouldn't expect nothing less than perfect for a guy who studied French for some 10 years, lived in France for some 5 years, has a translation certificate (well, Portuguese-French and French-Portuguese, so no English involved but still :P ) and teached French for some 24 years ;)

It's my English who is still a bit rusty and lacking of vocabulary, even thought I read most of the time books in english and try to practice on this and other Forums :blush:

Best wishes,

Dolf :beer: