News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Franco Prussian Personality Request

Guest Brian von Etzel

I have a photo book from the 1870's to 90's with some amazing photos of officers from the Franco Prussian War. But as was the poor method in those days, no names... Just photos some of very highly decorated officers.

My request, please, as it's my next step in identification of the stuff I have, is to determine if any of the photos I have are of officers Leo von Klingspor served with.

Maybe I'm working this backwards, but if any of you have photos of any of these gentleman, it will help me match to the book. I will of course share these with you as we make matches and then probably just post and hope for id's.

Here's the list of people I'd like to see. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

IPB Image

Brian,

as can be seen from this extract from the 1870/71 Prussian Army List only two officers in the rank of captain or of a subaltern officer still serving in in F?silier-Regiment Nr. 35 in 1871 had the EK1:

Hauptmann Hugo v. Sa?-Jaworski (Later Generalleutnant)

Hauptmann Kleckl (later Oberst)

Regards

Glenn

IPB Image

Guest Brian von Etzel

Thanks Glenn, then it seems reasonable someone may have a photo of Hauptmann Hugo v. Sa?-Jaworski (Later Generalleutnant)!

Guest Brian von Etzel

Another one of my favorites...

Notice the '54' on this warrior's shoulders.

IPB Image

Edited by Brian von Etzel

Isn't that a diplomat's Degen the gentleman 1n #6 is holding?

No, surely not. It is a Infanterie-Offiziers Degen from pre 1889 era, a very old Degen modell which has been usedin similar shape since 18th century and was followed be the very well known IOD 89.