News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 MM 52, urgent opinions please

Hello

I have just received this EK2 which is maker marked '52', for Gottlieb & Wagner, Idar-Oberstein. However, I can't find any other '52' EK2s to compare it against. Does anyone have one of these, or can anyone say if this one is ok or not? The cross is of three piece construction and has a magnetic core.

Any help or comments will be really appreciated.

While I'm posting, I have been going through some stuff I have had for a bit, and I'm happy with everything except with this EK2, pictures of which I'm posting after the shots of the '52' marked piece. I know what I think it is, (Floch), but do others agree? Please advise.

Many thanks in advance.

[attachmentid=57817]

Hello

I have just received this EK2 which is maker marked '52', for Gottlieb & Wagner, Idar-Oberstein. However, I can't find any other '52' EK2s to compare it against. Does anyone have one of these, or can anyone say if this one is ok or not? The cross is of three piece construction and has a magnetic core.

While I'm posting, I have been going through some stuff I have had for a bit, and I'm happy with everything except with this EK2, pictures of which I'm posting after the shots of the '52' marked piece. I know what I think it is, (Floch), but do others agree? Please advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi David

Here is my pics of the #52 hope they help. IMO yours looks good, however It looks like the fonts on the mm are a little different from mine. It might be my pics so I will get a tighter shot on it later and post it.

[attachmentid=57818]

[attachmentid=57817]

Hi David

Here is my pics of the #52 hope they help. IMO yours looks good, however It looks like the fonts on the mm are a little different from mine. It might be my pics so I will get a tighter shot on it later and post it.

[attachmentid=57819]

Hello

Many thanks in advance.

Hello

Many thanks for this Rick, it is appreciated. I think the crosses pretty well match - the incuse ring stamp certainly does. :beer: As I say, that the cross is an genuine WW2 EK2 isn't in doubt. It's just that having never seen any EKs from maker '52' I just wanted to be sure it was a 'real' 52.

As for the other one I posted, I am pretty well certain that's a Floch fake. It's ?50 down the drain, but it could be a lot worse, and I feel very lucky to only have three items in my fake drawer - or I should say five items, but only three that I have bought thinking they were ok and original. The other two pieces are cases, and I was given those as modern repros to keep the dirt off a couple of pieces, (since replaced genuine original cases).

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Yes David,the 2nd cross you posted is a Floch I'm afraid :(

Hello

No need to worry Dave, as I say out of my entire collection I've only had three bad pieces - and let's face it, it could have worse. It could have been an RK. Instead of ?50 down the drain it could have been ?4000 or ?5000 :banger:

Bill, thats a really nice cross you have, especially with the matching packet of issue. Very nice :love: