News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italy - Lapel Pin for the Italian Federation of Pigeons

Hallo Gentlemen,

I came across this recently, I know its Italian, but what for exactly, one friend suggested military carrier pigeon service :o

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Either that or the Royal Catering Corps, Poultry Division, Squab section ! :cheeky:

(No offence intended to our Italian members.)

Either that or the Royal Catering Corps, Poultry Division, Squab section ! :cheeky:

(No offence intended to our Italian members.)

err......... isnt that the Squaack section?? :P no offence to any poultry that might be reading this :P

THE REAR of the Lapel Pin.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

• 10 months later...

Dear all,

FCI means: Federazione Colombofila Italiana that can be translate like Italian Pigeons Federation/Association.

Regards,

Marco (from Italy)

Hallo Marco :cheers:

Welcome to the forum and thank you very much for identifying this pin, please tell us what your main interests are when you have a moment or two to spare.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

ilclifton :beer:

Many thanks again for the information with regards this Italian pin,

it belongs to a good friend of mine here in Deva and I will tell him about it.

I find its better to ask here at GMIC if an item has a military connection, because sooner

or later we get a member who knows about the item.

Pity its not military but thats the way it goes sometime.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Pity indeed - But at least it did indeed remind me of the episode in Blackadder goes Forth when the General's pet pigeon was served for dinner....and the ensuing Court Marshal!

I asked only to edit the title of the thread once the lapel pin was identified.

Regards,

Jim :cheers: