News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bavarian, possible or put together?

Also I got this one today, a (very common) Bavarian Military merit Cross 3rd class with swards, but in Austrian mounting, and on the (damn rare) peace time ribbon(!).

Have they been awarded like this, as Prussian Red Eagle Orders with swords had been awarded to foreign officers on the "statutenmäßigen Band", or is it simply a wrong put together?

BTW, the cross has a maker mark "WC" (for Weiss und Co.) in the ring, and also something similar on the swords (hard to read). I know they are often on the swords, but are the marks in the ring common?

post-1172-1162829658.jpg

Edited by saschaw

Also I got this one today, a (very common) Bavarian Military merit Cross 3rd class with swards, but in Austrian mounting, and on the (damn rare) peace time ribbon(!).

Have they been awarded like this, as Prussian Red Eagle Orders with swords had been awarded to foreign officers on the "statutenm??igen Band", or is it simply a wrong put together?

BTW, the cross has a maker mark "WC" (for Weiss und Co.) in the ring, and also something similar on the swords (hard to read). I know they are often on the swords, but are the marks in the ring common?

Hallo saschaw :beer:

How about your ribbon being for the Bayern-Freistaat Jubil?umsmedaille an das 10 IR >>Konig<<, 1682 - 1932. in bronze :unsure:

Sorry I can only show a poor scan of the medal in question, without ribbon :(

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Gentlemen, I think you're right, Mr. RR made the point. Though the reverse is a little darker, it still is much to light blue for a Bavarian MVO, while Serbia seems to fit 100%. With the Bavarian cross on it, I couldn't think on anything else than Bavaria, my apologize for that. :blush: