News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A much underrated award, Chris. When you get to clasps with pendants showing over a thousand operational flights + you have to wonder if these flight crews ever had time to rest.

"the owner sank 7 or so allied ships with torpedoes"

I take it you have some paperwork with these clasps, if so..Let?s have a look see. the owner must have sunk there ships during the 60 + missions it takes to win the silver clasp. Anything else on the man?

:cheers:

Hi,

His DKs are here..

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12587

His Pilots badge is here (an Imme)

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12584

I also have his EK1.

With it was his Pilots schein, and the ripped out pages of his Pilots achievement book with details of all his combat/operational flying, including where and when they attacked convoys (all in the Med) and what he sank.

Its nice because the "Average" bomber pilot (so they say) got the EK1 with the silver clasp, pokal with the gold and DKiG with his first pendant.

I think of the DKiG after 70 or so missions as a real achievement.

Hello,

Very interesting thread and nice pieces Chris, congrats on these baby's + the history that stick to them are for sure a bonus. :beer:

Indeed one does wonder iff these guys ever had the time to rest, teh answer is in most cases rather easy => no they did not have the time, mission after mission had te be flewn resulting in a total breakdown of good crews due to over exhausting. There are numerous occasions known where this did result in a complete loss of a plane and the crew killed. Sad but true :(

Cordial greetings + thanks for showing,